v

2017

askella; hey 

calum; it's been a while 

askella; yeah.....

calum; what's up? 

askella; imy i'm coming over 

askella; i'm in my pjs 

calum; c'mon then 

-

a god awful month had passed before ella and calum properly saw each other.

ella banged on his apartment door and michael answered.

'hey hun,' she said.

'long time no see. where's your boyfriend?'
oh, her boyfriend.
yesterday askella broke up with her boyfriend of one month, a record. he was a nice guy, but he had issues from his past relationship that weren't healed. nevertheless, she didn't cry over boys.

'yeah, i broke up with jay.' 

'i liked that one,' michael laughed and let her inside. 

ella walked to calum's room and peeked through the door.

'hello cal?' she saw him at his laptop typing away on what looked to be an assignment. 

'it's 10:30, bedtime now.' askella got his attention and he smiled. 

'hey girl.' calum shut his laptop as ella sat on his bed looking at the notes sprawled across it. 

'test soon?' she asked. calum nodded.

'next week.' he looked stressed.

'you have ages. whats new with you?' she sat further into his bed against his comfy, comfy pillows. she started to get comfy. calum leaned next to her.

'nothing. schoolwork, friends, bar, music. you haven't missed much,' he smirked.

'i'm sorry yeah i've disappeared. but you were right,' she looked at him and sighed.

'about?'

'jay, yeah we didn't last.' calum laughed and pat her head.

'i'm sorry el, i didn't mean that. but at least there's more time for netflix?' calum turned his laptop towards ella and shut his curtains. he laid on his side next to her and looked for a show to watch. he looked at her as she pointed to new episodes of 'queer eye.' 

'please?'

'sure,' he clicked on it and they hopped underneath his duvet and got comfy. askella admired calum and moved closer, hugging his arm. unbeknownst to her, he absolutely loved it. so he stroked her hair as they watched. she made comments throughout the show and her excitement was so evident. 

but calum began to get sleepy. he had a long day at university. and as karamo gave a pep talk in the show, his eyes shut as he began to softly snore. askella laughed and shut the laptop. the moonlight peeked through the curtains and she watched his chest rise and fall. his hair sprawled across his face as he faced her. ella snuggled into calum, and the warmth he provided seemed to melt away the slight sadness she felt towards another failure of a relationship or any troubles in her life.

she adored him. he was so beautiful, truly. as awfully cheesy as it was, he made her feel at home.

askella was confused.