chapter 10

Derek pov

Wait what why would he chose someone like me. Derek dream please come up to the stage the Prince repeated. The guards give me a light nudge and I start to walk up there. and I get to the stage and stand at the very edge not sure what to do his adviser led me to the Prince so I could stand by him. I was so nervous and scared I was visibly shaking. I can't believe I was choose out of all of those people. "This is who I have chosen now you may all leave and go on about your daily lives" the Prince said. So everybody left and I was still standing by the Prince wishing I could leave.
"I understand this is a lot to take in so you can go home and pack I will be there later to pick you up so we can head to the palace."
"What about my mother I don't want to leave her behind"
"She is allowed to come with you if that is what she wishes if not she is still invited anytime she wants to see you I will not separate you two "
I sighed in relief that I didn't have to be separated from my mother I thank him and left to go and pack and break the news to my mother.
When I got home I see my mother at the door waiting for me I run up to her and hug her.
"What's wrong Derek you seem upset"
"I got picked the prince wants to marry me but what if it turns out he isn't my mate."
"It will be ok sweetheart now let's start packing your clothes and whatever you want to take before the prince gets here"

"The prince said if you want you can come with me and if you don't he said you can still come over anytime you like will you please come with me mother I don't want to go alone I could have Alex watch the house for a few weeks just until I get to know the prince better"
She gives me a small smile and heads over to the window looking out of it I can tell she is thinking hard about this one and I decide to give her some space.

"I'm heading to my room to pack please let me know your answer soon as you decide"
I head to my room and start packing most of my clothes are already in a trunk I don't have many things anyway so I get done quickly and just sit on my bed I hear the door open and see my mother standing in the doorway she walks over to me and sits beside me.

"I will go with you for a month then I must head back here so I can keep this house tidy and so I can do more orders it will be spring in a month I can't just not make all the spring dresses that I surely will be asked to do. Let me pack some clothes and my sewing materials and write a few letters letting the lady's know I will be out of town but will still take orders it will give me something to do why you are off with the prince." I hug her and smile I knew that she would never just give up this house or her job this is what I was hoping for I asked her if she needed help and she said no and that I need to go get Alex we hear a knock on the door and head to the door my mother opens the door and the prince and two guards are standing there.

(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)

I'm currently changing a lot of the chapters. Plz be patient