chapter 12

Derek's pov

We arrive at Alex house I ask the prince to wait by the gate just in case. Something were to happen I walk to the door and knock.
I hear shuffling inside and the door opens just enough for him to poke his head out.
"Derek what are you doing here."

"Hey Alex I was wondering if I could talk to you about something and I brought someone with me if that's ok"

"I don't know who is it so no they can wait outside"

I look to the prince and tell him I will be just a minute and step inside Alex's house I looked around and notice he had books thrown around like he was searching for something.
Did you find what you were looking for I ask him, no I didn't so what would you like to ask of me, right I was wondering if you could look after our house until my mother returns we will be away for some time and I'm not sure on how long.
     I looked at him waiting for a answer he seemed to think it over. I guess I could pop over to check every now and then but might I ask why are you leaving and you said until you mother returns are you not coming back with her. I looked at him nervously well you see I got picked to be the prince's bride and that's who is waiting outside for me, his eyes widened in shock WHAT!! I thought you weren't going to the selection ceremony and why didn't you tell me it was the prince with you. He stated pacing around the room I told him to calm down and explained everything that had happened, I know you don't like being around people you don't know. He had stopped pacing and seemed to calm down Ok I will look after the house but promise me you will write to me and let me know how it's going I'm going to miss you and tell your mother that when see gets back I want one of her pies as payment. I hugged him and said my goodbyes and walked out of the house to see the prince still waiting bye the gate, sorry that took so long he is kinda a hermit and all he does is research and experiment with the weather. I looked at him expecting him to be mad because he had to wait outside, it's ok I'm glad you could convince him to help but we must be getting back before dark and so we can head off to the capital as soon as possible. I nod my head and we start heading back I was really nervous now soon I will be marrying the prince since he is not here oldest I won't have to worry about having to help run a kingdom but he is still a prince so It will be a big wedding and we just met today. As I walk beside the prince I can't help wondering why me.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Yay new chapter sorry it took so long I have been busy working