Part 1 // Let Go

"It's 2:38 am but I never sleep anymore because every time I close my eyes your picture burns in my eyelids and the thought of you sits in the back of my brain."

It was inevitable; every path led to the same undesirable fate. Her long brown hair whisked around her pale face, hitting her with every blow. Perhaps one day she would've grown to love her hair and the way it fell in natural curls around her face - but not today. It's too late for that. The rain fell upon her delicately, in fact, the rain was a mask to the tears rolling down her cheeks and you'd barely be able to make out the redness that now engulfed her chestnut eyes. She was overwhelmed at the commotion of cars pacing endlessly beneath her feet.

Ember's hands were gripped firmly to the metal railing; it was the only thing separating her from life and death. It was late September and the railing was cold and icy. Her hands were numb. Her whole body felt as if it were freezing, or even coming to a complete halt. All she was wearing was an old black top, ripped at the edges, with denim skinny jeans - it was not enough to protect her.

The sky was a deep shade of black, and Ember watched as the indistinct clouds consumed the moon. Her focus was eventually broken by another pair of car headlights which beamed into her eyes, blinding her. It was a trouble to feel anything in that moment. Everything was in constant movement, the bending trees, the continual falling of the rain, yet everything was motionless to her. Her mind possessed so many thoughts that it was impossible to pinpoint one feeling, one emotion - was she even living?

Then, all at once, everything became nothing. Her mind was home to no thoughts, no emotion, no voices. She lost all sense of being at all. Her entire body was numb with exposure, she couldn't hold on for much longer. Her tears stopped cascading from her eyes and she gazed into the darkness that stood before her. Everything was a blur.

Her heart finally told her this was her ending. And with that, she let go.