4

The day goes by quickly. I have a head ache from scanning the crowds at school all day for that damned baby blue cap. Meg and I spent all of lunch searching the cafeteria and hallways for him but he was no where in sight.

After school, Jason and I head to The Garage. We pull up to the parking lot and the sound of metal clinking and machines at work fill my ears. Cars and bikes are lined up in front of the work area, all waiting for their turn to be repaired and beautified. We walk to the back where my dads office is and Jason knocks on the door.

"Dad? Darya and I are going to start. You gonna join us?" He asks through the door gap.

The door opens and my dads face lights up.

"Hey you two. I've got tons of paper work but you guys go on ahead. There's a customer coming in at around 4:30 for repairs or something. Keep an ear out," he instructs and heads back into his office.

Jason gets the project we've been working on and I head over to the supply room to grab some tools.

Screwdrivers...

Check.

Sockets...

Check.

Pliers...

Check.

Vise Grips...

Check.

Flashlight...

Check.

I quickly walk back to the repair area and watch Jase bring the black beauty in.

She's fucking gorgeous.

She's an old model of a jeep, with newly installed silver rims and a sleek, glossy, black coat of paint.

Jason gets out of the car and steps back for an overall look.

"She needs one more coat of gloss but after that, her exterior is all done," he states and chucks the keys over to me.

"Jase... this looks great. I can't believe you got all the dents out and you even got new front lights!" I exclaim, shaking him with excitement. He chuckles.

"Why thank you. Now hurry up and get to the engine again. Maybe check one of the sockets from yesterday. It sounds a little funny. Check the oil and water compartments too," he orders.

"I know, I know" I roll my eyes and we get to work.

-

It's been an hour now since we started on the engines but something keeps playing up. As beautiful as the Black Beauty is, she sure is giving me a fucking migraine. My hands are all black and have started to develop blisters from all the burns I keep getting. I look down at my jeans and groan. They're covered in oil. Damn, my favourite pair. I dive back into the hood of the car and continue working.

Ting ting!

The front desk bell rings, telling us that the customer dad was talking about is here.

"Jase can you get that, I'm covered in shit right now," I call out to him.

"Got it," he mutters and slides out from under the car and makes his way to the front desk. After a few minutes filled with cursing and yelps of pain, I finally fix it.

"I DID IT! FUCK YES!" I yell while I'm still under the hood. But just as I try to get out, my bracelet gets caught on a hook.

You've got to be kidding me.

As I'm trying to unhook this damn bracelet from one of the engine compartments, I hear Jase and the customer walk into the repair area while I'm still bent like a pretzel trying to get my bracelet unhooked.

I struggle to loosen the grip on the bracelet and all the while, my ass is raised high up in the air like the American flag on the fourth July. As I'm on my tip toes like fucking Angelina Ballerina, I feel my calves start cramp up. Fuck sakes.

"Dee, look who the customer is!" Jase calls out.

"Kinda busy- FUCK MY CALVES!" I yelp as they cramp up. I try to lift my legs to release the tension but end up looking like an awkward frog trying to swim on land. While my legs are flailing all over the place, I end up kicking my stool away from my feet. In panic, I start to shuffle my arms around but bump my head hard on the bonnet cover.

Oh my god.

I'm think I'm gonna die in this hood. Das is going to kill me for my lack of professionalism.

Suddenly, Jason's hands come into view and unclasp the bracelet and someone grabs me by the waist and plops me on the ground with a thud.

"Ah!" I yell in surprise. Pain shoots up my leg. "Fuck my legs got cramps," I moan and rub my calves.

Jason helps me up and the guy that just threw me turns around. 

"You've gotta be more careful, honey buns".

Well, well, welllllllll. Things just got a little spicy. Hope you liked the chapter lovelies.

Stay iridescent,
Tee.