Chapter 6

"Stiles, go to the school. we need to warn scott about Peter." "crap, i've probably missed the game by now." he punched the steering wheel. "damn it!" he shouted. We arrived at the school and headed to the locker room, derek did anyways. i offered to go but he said he could handle it. I wasn't going to back down so i went off towards the Boy's locker room window and looked in. I only saw scott, i looked over to where the showers were and saw a figure but couldn't make it out. I moved over to the window, closest to the showers which this window was higher, so i had to hold on for dear life to the edge of the window. I saw the lights go off, and derek was standing in front of the showers while peter was on the other side of the wall. My eyes widened as i realized what was happening. I saw Derek glance at me and give me a death glare.

i wanted to burst through the window and stop scott from being lured into a trap. i sat in the window, watching as peter approached scott with a lacrosse stick. i watched him talk for a minute or so until he looked up at the window i was in. i flew backwards onto the ground. "shit." i gasped. i hit the ground hard, knocking the breath out of me. i looked for another window to look into without being seen. i picked the one i had remembered that was behind peter. i jumped up and caught the edge of the window, and hoisted myself up enough to see. i saw that peter had his hand behind scott's neck, and when he pulled back his hand there was blood dripping from scott's neck. Scott fell to the floor, and peter walked away. Derek just stood there and watched him. I watched him lay there for a couple of minutes, wondering what would happen.

i jumped from the window and ran back to the jeep, seeing stiles wasn't there anymore. "Damn it Stiles cant you listen for once?!" i said to myself. i ran inside, looking for the locker room. i had found it a few minutes later, and swung open the door. " hey! stiles why didn't you stay!?" i asked. " i'm not your dog riley... i don't have to stay anywhere for you." stiles said and looked at me. " you should have kept watch!" i said and walked over to scott who sat on a bench. " you okay?" i asked. " yea.. i'm fine" he said. "C'mon. get dressed and lets go." i walked over to derek and dragged him out into the hallway."The hell happened?" i asked. " I had to be bait... you wouldn't really understand." he said. " i wouldnt understand?? what is there to not understand exactly?" i said "well??" he just stared at me. "UGH, seriously." i walked back outside not waiting for anyone. i waited inside the jeep. I was relieved when i saw them walk out of the building and open the jeep doors to climb in. Derek went to climb in the back with me. "Uh, no i'm pissed at you right now. sit in the front." i gave him a stern look, he just glared back at me. He climbed back out and let scott in first. Stiles got in the drivers seat as Derek climbed in the passenger seat. i stayed silent all the way home, until stiles let me out of his car in front of my house. derek stared at me but i turned away and walked off, slamming the door behind me. " uncle?" i looked around but there was no one. then i remembered how he mentioned that he wanted to go out of the house the other night, and thats when i knew he left the house to the forest. my heart was beating fast and i swung open the front door, running out and into the forest. " Uncle!" i screamed and ran as i looked for him. suddenly i heard a sound, like a mumbling and coughing. " uncle?" i asked again. " Im... over.. here" i heard his voice and spun around to see him laying next to a tree. " Uncle!" i screamed and dashed to his side. he was shot with a gun from the wound below his lungs.the bullet was laced with wolfsbane.  " riley.. i'm so sorry i left.." he spoke. " sh.. please don't speak.." i said and started to cry. he seemed that he had been out here for awhile.  picked him up into my arms, and held his head close to mine. " please don't die on me... you're all i have left..." i cried. " Riley... listen to me..." he coughed and spat up blood. " You are amazing... i love you so mu.." he stopped speaking and his head went to the side. " uncle?!" i asked and stared at his blank open eyes. " no... please... no!" i screamed, tears ran down my face in buckets. i felt a hand touch my shoulder, and i looked back to see derek behind me. " Riley... the hunters are still here..." he said. " d..derek... i can't leave him!" i cried. " i know... we will come back for him i promise but we have to go now before they find us!" he said and helped me to my feet. i immediately fell back down and he decided to just pick me up and carry me home. when we came back to my house he laid me down on the couch and i sat upwards balling. " he was all i had left derek! now i have no one..." i cried. derek came closer and wrapped me in a hug. " i know how it feels riley... and i know it sucks..." he said and hugged me tighter. " i.. i just... why did they kill him!" i yelled. " i don't know..." he sighed. i looked down at my hands, and saw my uncle's blood all over my clothes. " i.... i need to take a shower..." i said and ran off to the bathroom. i turned the water on full blast and cried the whole time, wishing it was just a dream. after what felt like an hour, i heard a knock at the bathroom door. " riley... are you alright in there...?" i heard derek's voice ask. " um... yes... i'm okay derek" i said and i heard his footsteps walk away down the hall. i got out a little bit later, and dressed into a grey tank and baggy black sweatpants. i opened the door and staggered down the hallway, throwing myself onto the couch. " riley?" derek said and came out of the kitchen. he had a glass of water in his hand and sat down on the loveseat. " here i got you some water..." he said and slid it across the coffee table towards me. " thank you..." i said quietly. " no problem..." he said. " um.. derek can i ask something?" i looked up from the glass of water and into his eyes. " anything" he said. " why did you come? and how did you hear me from the jeep?" i asked. " well... i heard you screaming because we had drove near the woods, i leaped out of the door and ran over there as fast as i could... i was worried about you riley" he then stood up and sat on the couch with me.

" thank you.." i whispered

"Hey..no problem."

"Quick question..."

"Yea?" i looked up at him. "Do you mind staying over tonight? i just dont feel safe staying here alone."he nodded. "Thank you." I murmured as I laid my head on his shoulder. "Night." I said then fell asleep.

sorry this chapter is so short! the others will be better! Cuteness at the end 3 i promise! r&r you guys know the drill! :)