The Keeper of the Vine

I told you my boss had more memories up her sleeve. And I'll be back too, with more crappy author notes. But this time, I promise to make it interesting.

 But this time, I promise to make it interesting

~~~

Summary

 A leather bound book lay on the top most level of the Sorcery shelf, out of reach from preying eyes and spoilt readers. Although the book bore no title, it still proved to be the most intimidating because of the strange and peculiar design that the spiraled lines made. Some people might have thought it a bird, but the wisest of them would see it as a headless horse.

This book concealed a great power. 

A power which is soon to be unleashed. 

June Price is looking forward to her second year at Enchanted High; a year which she hopes will be undisturbed. Everything occurs smoothly - Cinder Street welcomes two new neighbors, Lush Mermaid is up and running. June makes it into one of the four Magical Ball teams - the best one there is. The bond between her and James seems to strengthen. 

She can gladly say that her biggest worry might be the match against the Death Vipers. Or that the new Headmaster may be not be what he portrays. 

But sinister things are taking place in the shadows ... powerful and dark things that lead to June eventually standing against her biggest enemy: Herself. 

~~~

Excerpt #1

The Pool House.

She had always gazed at it from her bedroom window for as long as it had existed; the way the driveway slithered up to the patio, the way the hedges were trimmed, the way the ginormous windows struck the light. It was an elegant house – and now she was going to meet their new elegant neighbors.

'Remember,' said Aunt Audrey as they curved onto the lawn, 'be polite. I think there's a daughter about your age. It would be nice if you made friends with her. They may even be from Comikaycrest.'

June nodded apart from the fact that they were used to people with nasty attitudes who bought The Pool House. The last inhabitants were a family – a non-magical family – with three spoilt kids who kept fidgeting with the other neighbors. And then the secret of the magical world leaked to them and horrified them and the next day – they were gone; moved to another house where there was a neighborhood without 'freaks'.

June and Audrey reached the courtyard; tall pillars held the roof in place above them and, if June looked closely, she could almost see the carvings of cupids and angels on the ceiling.