Bittersweet

Chapter 5 : bitter

Thursday school was a lot better it was just me ,myself and I. It was like Jason. never existed

After school I went to the only grocery store to look for a job. I wish hadn't because he was there "Abs,.. Abs wait ...please " it was like we 3 years old and playing hide and seek. He started to chase me again I could feel a teardrop roll down my left cheek. Why was I doing this to him? I didn't understand why but , felt like deep down I knew why I was doing it.

"There you are I thought I'd never find you" he started and walked closer to me. I ran as fast as I could but he was way to fast he stopped me "why are you doing this to me ? Tell me please." I pushed him down as hard as I could

"Get lost" I sighed "how many times do you want me to tell you this." I felt another teardrop and then another I felt so bad that I broke down in tears. After a couple of tears the world around me got blurry...

Chapter 6: sweet

When I woke I felt like I wasn't at home. I rose a little higher to get a proper view of my surroundings it REALLY WASN'T MY SHED!

"Good morning abli! "That melodious yet, unwanted voice greeted me.

"How am...I here in your apartment ?" I couldn't remember a thing last night just felt like dreadful nightmare. "Last night you collapsed a couple meters away from me. You were in a dead numb sleep. So I brought you home ".

"I ...I have to go home"

"Why?"

I got up from the incredibly warm covers I was just about to make them proper but he said to leave them.

"Here..." he handed me a warm cup

" What is it?"

"Just drink it" it was delicious. It was the best hot chocolate I've ever had.

"Like it" he smiled.

"Love it!" I said excited.As I got up to put the cup back

"Abs"

"Yeah" I replied back .

"Welcome back " he smiled his signature smile again.

We both laughed for a minute but then the laugh died as if someone had taken our happiness away . I sighed.

''Ok let's drop you home''he said picking up the mood

''How " I demanded

"I can drop you'' he smiled showing me car keys.

"No way you got a car! " I screamed

He nodded.

Chapter 7: Tour

"So when are you gonna give me a tour of the city in your car " I asked teasing.

"How about after homework ".

"Sure '' I said but I wasn't sure I could wait that long .

After about 5:30 it started to get dark . I heard a horn beep then went to have a look. There he was ready to drive. I was so excited since I have never ridden in a car before.My thoughts were interrupted by a question " we've seen the whole town so do you want to out - of - town?''

"No just drive me home". I said

He sighed "why?"

"Why what?"I asked confused.

"Why do you get mad then get back to normal like that?"

I snapped "you wanna know then listen... I don't want to be friends with you"

"Why"

"Because being friends for 3 months doesn't make sense"

"Why would we be friends for 3 months only?''

''Because I wanna be a singer and I've applied for an arts university if I get in I'll move to San Diego. "

He pressed the brake really hard in front was a pick- up truck we smashed into.

The air bag popped in our faces I closed my eyes maybe I could get out of this reality and face some evil queen or something.

Chapter 8: care

Light shone in my face for now all I could hear was beeps and the ventilator breathing for me. "Her lungs are pretty badly damaged. If you hadn't brought her here this quick we would have lost her."

Jason turned around and saw my eyes open he smiled apologetically and came close he bent down to meet my gaze "Abs I'm so sorry".

I lifted a finger that had a clip on and shook my head

I tried to speak but I couldn't, nor could I stay quiet.I finally tried to talk I sounded more like a baby learning to talk.

"How's the car "he didn't say anything just looked down and nodded. From the corner of my eye I saw a familiar figure she was holding a rose bouquet and and an envelope "Denis why aren't you at school?"

"Jason called me and told me about you" she handed me the bouquet of roses. "I saw the rose you left close to dad's photo " I noticed a tear drop rolling down her cheek.

"I'll leave you to alone" Jason got up, on his shirt I

saw a puddle of juicy red blood

"Jason... What's that?" I pointed to the puddle of blood.

"Oh ...a piece of glass got stuck in my intestines so I got stitches and most of the blood is yours" he smiled ,the smiled that I loved .

As soon as Jason left Denis handed me a paper.

"I didn't want you to have this but,I think you should have it."

I tried to open it but I couldn't.

"What is it?"

"It's your movie arts acceptance letter."

I could feel my face turn red with delight

"I got in?!'' I couldn't believe it! But as if Denis had re said her words, I didn't want you to have this.

"Why wouldn't you want me to have this?"

"I realized that you were very talented the first word you sang on mom and dad's wedding. And you could walk on any reality show and win. But what about us being rich can't by happiness. But you know what you go and rock the world - " Jason walked in "Sorry to interrupt you but it's time for Abs to take her medicines."

Denis turned around and winked at me. "Go for it Abs!"

"Jazz, did you take your meds?" Jason smiled and nodded.