Chapter 4

Mujaaid

I can't believe she is so persistent. What doesn't she understand! I don't want her! I never wanted her! I don't even know why I agreed to this marriage in the first place. Running up the stairs I could hear Father mumbling to Aaminah "Don't worry habibati, he is just stressed out about work." I can't believe Father, he is lying to her in her face.

When I came out of the shower she was in the room getting my clothes ready for work. "Aaminah why are you doing all this? I don't want you touching my things! Is that clear?!" I shouted whilst pushing her against the wall. I took out other clothes for me and once I was dressed I left the room.

She is seriously starting to piss me off. Gosh, can't she just stay out my way! I'm fed up of her already!

Aaminah

"Yaa Allah I don't know what to do anymore. He is constantly being rude to me. Yaa Allah show me the way and give me strength Ameen." Those were the first words to leave my mouth as I stood against the wall. I need to be strong. As that day continued I stayed out of his way. Trying to make myself forget about the incident that happened this morning.

Hours later when the house was quiet I decided to go outside and sit in the garden. I took a book with me and a cup of fresh coffee. Ever since I got married I was forbid to go back to work by my in-laws as they believed that the husband should be the one working in the house. Just as I opened the book I started thinking about my family and how much I miss them, especially my sisters. They mean the world to me. I decided to ask mom and dad if I could go and visit them and perhaps spend the weekend with them. I decided that I'd first ask my husband if he was fine with it. I texted him but he didn't reply. I then decided to as mom and dad. When I was busy asking them he walked in. When their reply was no I accepted it and as I walked out of the room Mujaid called me back.
"If she wants to go then let her, I honestly don't have a problem with it. She could stay away forever for all I care."

"Mujaid! I have had enough of your attitude! You will apologise to her right now!"- Dad said. I could see that father was really angry with him now.

" I Refuse to! And no one's going to force me to" Replied Mujaid and stormed out of the room.

His attitude towards me was really starting to become disturbing. I wonder why he is acting like this. Am I really that bad? Why is he treating me like this? Why did he agree to marry me if he was going to treat me like this.

I decided that I'd ask him instead. When I entered the room I found him laying on the bed. I walked up to him and asked "Why did you marry me if you are going to continuously be rude to me?"

"You really want to know why I married you? Seriously? Okay, let me tell you: My mother wanted me to get married and I didn't want to get married. Or at least not to you. For goodness sake!" Mujaid answered.

"Okay, I understand. From now onwards I'll stay out of your way. And we'll pretend in front of our parents and family members. I'll also sleep in the guest room; since I do was up for Tahajjud and Fajr." Aaminah answered.

That very moment she took her things and left for the guest room when Mujaid ordered her not to leave. To stay in the room otherwise it would make the family suspicious. For the rest of the evening things were very quiet. She slept on the coach and surprising Mujaid couldn't fall asleep.