Haru Haru ~ chapter 27

(Aio’s POV)

“You mean she didn’t come back last night?” you asked.

“What do you mean she didn’t come back last night? Where was the last place you saw her?” Kaname yelled as he dragged you out of the hut by your kimono front.

“In the forest, she was sitting in a tree.” you replied quickly.

“Show me. Now.” Kaname growled.

You, Kaname, and Koimi, ran out of the gate and into the forest. After a minute or two you reached the tree and you climbed to her branch.

“Her scent is still strong, she can’t be far.”  You said as you spotted a castle not far away. “There’s a castle about twenty miles from here, she might be there.”

The second you said that Kaname took off in the direction you pointed. After about a half an hour of running you reached the castle gates.

“Halt, state your business.” A guard commanded

“We’re looking for a girl, she has silver hair, purple eyes, and she’s about this tall.” Kaname said describing her.

“Oh you mean the mercenary, she’s talking to the Lord, go on through.” The other guard said as they opened to the gates.

The three of you ran into the courtyard, in front of you with her back to you was Lexori.

“He is dead correct?” The lord questioned.

“Him and his entire family.” You heard Lexori answer.

“Very good, you’re a fast worker. Here’s the gold I promised you.” the lord said as he tossed her a sack full of gold.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Kaname questioned Lexori.

“Damn it, I’m caught” you heard her whisper. “Nothing brother, just finishing up a job.”

“You’re a mercenary.” Koimi accused.

“Do you have a problem with mine and my sister’s line of work Koimi?” Kaname said.

“You’re both mercenaries? How can you go around killing innocent people for money?” Koimi accused.

“They do what they must to survive, now let’s continue this discussion in the forest.”  You said as you noticed the lord was watching the argument with amusement.

(Your POV)

You had just finished up your first job in over three years and damn it felt good.

 “He is dead correct?” The lord questioned.

“Him and his entire family.” You answered.

“Very good, you’re a fast worker. Here’s the gold I promised you.” the lord said as he tossed you a sack full of gold.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Kaname questioned you.

‘Fuck they caught me’ you thought

“Damn it, I’m caught” you whispered. “Nothing brother, just finishing up a job.”

“You’re a mercenary.” Koimi accused.

“Do you have a problem with mine and my sister’s line of work Koimi?” Kaname said.

“You’re both mercenaries? How can you go around killing innocent people for money?” Koimi accused.

“They do what they must to survive, now let’s continue this discussion in the forest.”  Aio said and you mentally thanked him.

“Well it has been a pleasure but I must go.” You said with a fake smile before you walked out of the courtyard and towards the village.