Jason Ward (1)

(Sets a few years after 1x16, imagine they found a clairvoyant and dealt with him and there was no HYDRA. Grant leaves SHIELD abruptly after finding out his ex- wife died in a car accident leaving him with their two kids. He tells no one and just leaves. Him and his ex wife had a close relationship but ended things because they weren't in love with each other anymore.)

Grant's POV(to start)

My name's Grant Ward and I have two children. One of them was in seventh grade and he were 12, the other one was 5 and she was in first grade. My 12 year old son is named Jason Greyson Ward and his daughter is named Grace Samantha Ward.

My wife died leaving me with our two children so I had to get out of SHIELD and take care of them as fast as I could.

Let me start the story where it gets really interesting.

Jason is in 7th grade and is going to play in his middle school talent show, he has this huge crush on a girl and he wants to impress her.

A week before the talent show, Jason was at a school dance and he saw the girl he liked dancing with another guy and he got all sad and upset.

He gave up inspiration about preforming at the talent show and me being a dad, had to give him a dad advice talk.

I basically told him to look on the bright side of things and try to get through the week but he still seemed really upset.

I heard Jason try to practice throughout the week and he did not sound good at all. It really made me upset as a father but as a guy, I really understood it deeply.

I felt bad for my kid but I knew he had to go through it sooner or later and I was kinda happy it was sooner.

Eventually it was Friday and the night of the talent show and something amazing, other than SHIELD tracking me down(I will get to that later), happened. I'll let the writer take this over now.

Third person POV

Before it was Jason's turn to go on and tell the audience that he would not be preforming, his ringtone came on and it was Paparazzi by Lady Gaga.

Jason smiled and finally figured out what he was going to do for the talent show.

It was the first time he had smiled in a week but now he knew he was going to turn heads while expressing himself.

"Daddy I have to go to the bathroom." Grace said looking up at her father with big eyes.

"Okay sweetheart come on." Grant said going to get up but Grace held a hand to his chest.

"I don't wanna be rude, daddy but I'm a big enough girl to go to the bathroom by myself." She said before walking off all by herself.

"Come back soon, baby girl! The show I starting soon!" Grant called after his daughter.

Grant sighed and leaned back in his chair as Clint, who was sitting next to him, started laughing.

"Kids." Grant sighed looking over at his friend.

"Tell me about it, buddy." Clint said looking over at him.