Dare You To Move

Shocked.

He barely realized his arm is still hanging in the air as if it's still trying to stop the blonde who manages to turn his head over heels. Pulling his arms back towards him turns out to be not as easy as it's should be, and he definitely did not see the-thing-that-just-happened coming.

Did Nakiri Erina really just kissed him, Yukihira Sōma- the guy whom she used to cussed and looked down on? Yeah sure, they're now in better terms though it doesn't change Sōma's goal, but for her to get this far definitely don't wrap well around his head.

And the weirdest thing is this; he actually kissed her back- a sign that he actually liked it.

His feet take a step back before he finds himself helplessly leaning against the bed. A deep sigh breaks out of his mouth as he gets a good grip on his white headband, pulling it mercilessly and forcing the knots off. Sweats drip free on his temple in result of this action, but he could care less to wipe them off.

Sōma's mind drifts off to the God Tongue- the one he used to merely see as someone he needs to impress but slowly on the route to becoming a friend regarding how much personal stuff they know about each other because of their habit of late night talking. Heck, she is the only one who knows how he got that scar on his right eyebrow- they've came a long way, alright.

But then they kissed and his world crumbles down on him in a flash. The moment their lips touch was that one moment Sōma's sweat and blood to sway Erina with his cooking all these times seemed to fly that it almost didn't matter to him. He finds it hard to admit, but all he wanted was to drown in it and hoping no one would rescue him. It's the power of the God Tongue's lips, he supposed- the lips that only touches refined, gourmet food ended up touching his.

And then the Crème Brûlée creeps in; did she think it was delicious? Again, if it wasn't, Sōma wouldn't think that she'd kiss him. But was it purely the Crème Brûlée effect?

He's dying to know what she really thinks of it, and he'd really like to hear those words coming out from her own mouth. But on the other side, he's also dying to know what was that kiss for.

Reflectively, Sōma places his hand against his chest, and he wonders why his heart beats differently at the very moment he recalls how her thin, soft lips touch his.

But he's certain of one thing, and one thing only; tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

»»-¤-««

A heavy brick seems to be weighing down Sōma's eyes still as he reclines himself on the kitchen island of Polar Star dorm, folding up his arms and placing his head over it. He would occasionally scratch his bed hair- initially to sort it out a bit, but it turns out he's only making it even messier. Not even the cheerful chirps from the bird could pull him back to earth regarding the interesting all-nighter he pulled last night.

Oh, just how that one heck of a blonde gets inside his head in a completely different way now. He can still recall how her lips drip caramel and matcha. Breath springs of vanilla fused with a little taste of his cooking- maybe it could never get any better; his cooking taste the best in her mouth. Of course- he certainly wouldn't mind to even brush his lips against hers, once again.

At this moment, his mind is made- Sōma needs to see Erina again. He needs to find out some things. Those things that kept him up all night and he's now seeking a chance where he could kill two birds with one stone. Which bird to kill first, he's still not sure of it. It's a battle between his old dream and a possible new dream.

If only he can get his head off of the kitchen island.

"Eh? Good morning, Sōma-kun."

A string of pastel-colored voice rings through his ear that sends his head up instantly. But then a sinking feeling of slight disappointment emerges once Sōma witness the unexpected neatly-braided bluenette standing across him. Again, the expected person doesn't address him with his first name- he should've known better.