Chapter Two

Ashton

Life wasn't that easy for me.
First, I lost my parents in an accident. Then, due to a nasty injury in that accident, I lost all my memories. Now I don't even remember how they looked, or what they told me. I try my level best to keep them updated about my life through prayers. But I am grateful that I have got my uncle and aunt to look after me. They do really take good care of me. I am also thankful for five best friends, because they have actually brought positively in my life. We share good things, we talk heart to heart, we solve each others problems and most importantly, we respect each other for what we are.

I still remember. It was a rainy morning. I was about eight years old. I used to watch children of my age playing in the rain and having great fun. However, I never joined them, because, somewhere I felt that I was not equal to them. I don't have a perfect family, and neither I had any source of fun in my life.

It was 12th of September, 2005. I was sitting in my room and was drawing anime characters, because it was my favourite hobby. Just then, a ball came and hit my window and flew straight across the room to my bed. I quickly looked up to a green coloured ball with olive green stripes. I picked it up and saw the name engraved in bold letters:

Ryera

Hmm, so its a girl's ball, I thought. I quickly went to my windowsill and saw three kids staring at my window.

"Hey dude! Throw the ball!" A male voice yelled. Instead of throwing the ball, I decided to try something new. I go down the stairs and open the door. I quickly went to the park and saw a boy and a girl staring at me with surprise. Another girl was just sitting on one of the chairs and was trimming her nails.

"Woah dude...you never come down!" Exclaimed the boy.

"Umm....yes....but I wanted to talk so....."

"Sure dude! We were just thinking of calling you down!"

The boy took the ball from my hands and muttered a 'thanks'.

"Wait....you're Ryera?" I said with a slight hint of amusement.

"Yes, and its Ryan..... My idiotic friends call me that" he grinned and extended his hand towards me. I took it and said,

"Ashton. But you can call me Ash. Nice to meet you"

"So Ash, these two are my friends. The one with a boyish outfit is Ella. Believe me, you don't wanna get on her bad side..."

The girl called Ella scowled at him and extended her hand to me. I gladly took it.
"You can call me Elly"

"The girl on the chair there is Mayra and well, her world revolves around fashion. There's nothing more to say actually"

Mayra stared angrily at Ryan and waved her hand to me
"Hi! You can call me Mayra!"

"Nice to meet you!" I waver her back.

"So Ash....would you like to be our friend?"

I did not even have to think. I just said a 'yes'.

They all cheered and Ryan slumped his hand on my shoulders.

"Hey Ash...you know what? I love anime"

He handed me a drawing that I had drawn. It seems that I had dropped it by mistake.

They all grinned at me. From that day onwards, there was no looking back.

"Hey Ash! Whatcha thinking?"

I saw Lily snap her fingers in front of me.

Of course yes, Lily. Lilian Jennings joined us a little later, when were about fourteen years old. She had transfered from Mexico. We accepted her gladly.

Plus Ashley, the American who had come back from London.

So that's how we became the best six.

"Ash....you're thinking a lot today...."

"Nah....its nothing Elly"

"Are you sure that you're not thinking about you're secret girlfriend?"
Ryan nudges me lightly.

"Yeah I am thinking about my nonexistent fictional girlfriend, Hime Onizuka"

"Seriously guys? Sket Dance?" Elly replied with a snort.

"Hey, I think Elly is our Hime" Ryan replies.

"Go to hell for all I care" Elly again snorts.

I simply laugh at the childish ways of my friends.

"Meet you later guys! And dream about me!" Ryan says.

"Yeah we'll dream about you getting beaten up" Mayra says with an attitude.

After all are gone, I walk alone with Elly to my house. We both are neighbours....so we usually walk together.

"You're thinking a lot today"

I give a small smile.

"Just thinking about stuffs"

"Hmm...let's see.....stuffs as in?"

"Stuffs as in stuffs"

She gives a sarcastic snort.

I quickly take her hand in my hand.

"Well....sometimes I think about us too"

"What's there to think about us?" She replies with a teasing tone.

"I am not gonna let you tease me today."

We both have a good laugh and just stand there looking into each other's eyes. Did I mention how beautiful her eyes are?

Turquoise with slight hints of sky blue. They reflect a lot of emotions which seem to be meant only for me.

"Woah.....hot session going on here"

We both quickly snap out of the trance and look at my friends standing.

Ryan shows me a thumbs up and Mayra makes a heart with her hands.
Lily just stands there with her eyes reflecting something which I cannot understand. A slight hint of sadness, perhaps.
But why?

Obviously my mind does not have the time to think about it. Elly just mutters an 'oops'.

Definitely. Oops.

------------

Seriously, oops!!

What will be their opinions? And, why is Lilian sad?

And yes, Hime Onizuka is a character from Sketch Dance, which is an anime.

Comment your theories!!

Love,
Issac Cadrew.