VI

"I've missed you," he says softly continuing to look in my eyes.

"I've missed you too," I say breaking the contact.

Suddenly from nowhere Buddy comes running up jumping in the middle of us.

"Hey boy," I say stoking him as Joe does also.

I look away from the dog and as I do our hands touch as I quickly look back. As stupid as it sounds in a way it felt magical, like I'd been waiting for something and it was right there.

Looking up at Joe I smile as he smiles back, his face is so nicely defined, his jaw is amazing, his eyes are incredible, his hair is indescribable. What is happening to me? He was my best friend.

"I'll be back in a minutes," I say quickly jumping up and going into the bathroom.

Looking at myself in the mirror I take a deep breath. Just friends Kaylee, that's all. You can't have a boyfriend anyway because of all paps and publicity you'd get.

After waiting a couple more minutes I walk back out of the bathroom and into the living room.

"I'm back," I say as he looks up and smiles as I go and sit next to him.

"So when can we hang out again?" Joe asks looking at buddy on his lap.

"Erm, I think my schedule is completely packed over the next few weeks, what with photo shoots and concerts but I'm usually done after about 7/8pm when I'm in the uk." I reply thinking back to what my mom told me.

"Well we could hang out then if you'd like, unless you would be too tired and stuff with work." He says looking at me.

"No that would be fine," I say smiling at him getting lost in his eyes once again. I quickly shake my head at myself before looking away.

"Your eyes are still the exact same, they've always been, emerald green and brown on the outside," joe says as I look back at him as he looks at my eyes again.

"And yours has stayed the ocean blue they've always been," I say as he smiles, I look into his eyes, getting lost by the magnificent gaze, what was he doing to me.

Putting my hand on the chair, it touches his as electricity flows through. What is happening to me?

Focusing on his eyes, he looks me deep into my eyes, enough so that it's scary. I feel like he can read me. He knows everything about me, he can get to the place no one else can.

Suddenly his head leans forward and I freeze in panic. This can't be happening he was my best friend for goodness sake why is this happening?

He closes his eyes and his face is centremeters away from mine.