So good you cry

Author POV.

  Another couple weeks later and the girls had all gotten pretty close.

  Their first few music lessons had been laid back since the teacher was just giving them songs to practice but now, it was the real deal. Going with the subject of Gospel, the teacher had requested for them to write their own song and so far it had been a week since she asked this. So far, Sarah, Shenel, Jess, Sophia and Suzanna had only come up with two lines. To make it worse, they had to perform their song in front of the class but since they didn't have a tune for it yet, Shenel just said it very slowly so that it sounded like there was more than there actually was.

  The second week in and all of the groups had pretty much got their song started and it was all downhill from there. Not this group, though. 

  Not being able to think of a good tune, Suzanna suggested that they do it to the tune of 'Sing For You' by EXO since they're the only KPOP fans in their class so no one would recognise it. Their song was about slavery so coming up with the perfect lyrics and making it the right amount of syllables was easy enough.

  half an hour later the teacher had said that everyone needed to perform their piece, finished or not, although no groups had finished.

  The first group had done quite a cheery song, for some unknown reason, about slavery, the second did one which was not quite as good as the one before. No one had been in time with each other, it was quite frankly, the worst thing ever. The third group was one of the best, although it was short, it was very good with the harmonies and even the little bit at the end.

  The last group, however, was them. 

  Jess' POV.

  We were all pretty confident considering how long it had taken us to get the ending Right on the second verse. We hadn't gotten a chorus yet but it was all in good time. 

  As we started to sing I felt, and the others probably did too, a rush of confidence. For some reason, we were able to do it better than when we had practised which surprised us all. The ending was coming up, the bit we all struggled on, thankfully, we were able to push through and deliver a great song and ending to everyone. 

  Sarah POV.

  When we finished our song, the class burst out with clapping and cheering. One girl, we noticed, was crying and her close friends were comforting her with hugs and friendly pats on the back. 

  I had to say, I was proud of our group and next week we would do the chorus which we would make just as great, possibly greater.

  Author POV

  On the way out of the classroom, the girls had many people saying 'well done' and 'that was great' to them which really boosted their confidence. What a great way to end the day.

(A/N: Ok once again short chapter, but I wanted to get this chapter out because one girl actually did cry which I just wanted to write about so yeh.)