Forgive But Don't Forget

Hey guys! I just heavily reworked this part of the story. If you have already read this book just reread this part because it was heavily updated!!! I promise it will be worth it!!!

Thanks,

Katelyn💙

IMPORTANT: BOLD MEANS THAT IT HAPPENED IN THE PAST!

———————————————————————

James grabbed me by the wrists, pinching hard. I kept in my pained winces. He barked at me like a dog. I nodded, not wanting anymore pain. He let go, barking at me louder. I submitted once again. He walked out, slamming the door. I locked the door as soon as it was shut. I rushed to the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My face was busted up badly. James had punched my face multiple times and I didn't even try to fight back. My left eye was swollen shut, and my lip and nose had blood clotting. There were other bruises, but they weren't too major. I patched myself up the best I could. I was able to conceal everything except the black eye with makeup.

I ran to my bed, letting all of the frustration and pain out. I kept my outcry muffled by my pillow. I cried myself to sleep.

James wasn't always like this...What happened? Was it something I did or said?

The next day I rushed past Lucío and D.Va, causing them to turn their heads towards me. I pushed up my sunglasses, and kept making sure that my long sleeved sweater was still covering the scratches and bruises on my wrists and arms. McCree was outgoing enough to tease me about my odd outfit. "Woah there! Why are you wearin' them sunglasses indoors darlin'? And this sweater, in summer?!" McCree ripped off the sunglasses. He had his eyes shut from laughing, but when he opened them, he dropped my glasses. My left eye was purple and swollen shut. It looked worse than it did the night before. I got down on all fours to get them, and put them back on my face. "What the... What happened?" McCree's expression went from puzzled to infuriated in a matter of seconds. He was one of my dearest friends and would probably kill anyone who would even try to hurt me. He noticed the barely visible cuts on my face as well. From James's nails. He inspected everything, and his rage was building up. "What happened?" McCree repeated, and it sounded like he meant business.

"It is nothing. I got punched on my last mission." I lied, I was so good at it that I could lie to myself. McCree looked me over once again before speaking.

He seemed to be the only person who could see through my lies. "You ain't fooling nobody. [ y/n ], I guess I will leave you alone on it, but I don't want to see this happen again." McCree didn't seem to realize that my boyfriend was capable of such things. The love James and I shared in public seemed unconditional. I walked off, holding back tears from embarrassment.

*****

"[ y/n ]?!" I felt someone shaking me, causing me to bolt up. My vision was blurry, and my cheeks had streaks of tears. Mercy looks horrified at me. "What happened?! You were screaming and crying, dear!"

"Huh?" I looked around, I was in the medical bay. "Just a bad dream?" I answered with a question. It was not a dream, it was my mind going back in time, reminding me of what I was hiding. It has been two days since the accident occurred.

"What is going on in here?" The same voice from before I passed out was calling out from outside my room. Soldier 76 walked in, standing beside Angela. His jacket was off, his right arm had newly wrapped bandages on it, blood already seeping through. I went to point to his arm, but my arm didn't budge. It was tightly restrained in a sling. I instantly shot up. Mercy and Soldier quickly held me down. I was reacting to something they could not see, James was punching and beating me.