Chapter 8

"I hope he will be there," thought Madelyn. She called a taxi. "Take me to 5th street" said Madelyn.While going there she got caught in a traffic jam. "I'll never make it in time," she opened the door. "Ya, where are you going? Pay me!" "Here you go keep the change," said Madelyn. She ran through the cars into the dark night. Boom Boom "Thunder" she thought. The light drizzle turned into a pounding rhythm. Luckily she is not far from her destination. She sees a figure under the gazebo. He was facing opposite from her. "Ya!" she yelled. Chanyeol turned around seeing her. In the bright lighting of the moon, his eyes looked more brown and revealed  shadows on some features of his face,making him look more his age. She was shocked. She ran up to him and stopped.She noticed a black umbrella beside him dripping wet, while he was completely dry. She was out of breath, cold, and completely soaked. Chanyeol looked at her perplexed. Circles of water were at her feet, being soaked up by the old wood.No words were spoken.. Finally, Chanyeol grabbed her feeling that familiar shock again and pulled her into a tight embrace. "What are you doing, aren't you mad?" asked Madelyn shivering a bit from the rain.. "Of course not, how could I be mad?" Said Chanyeol with a big grin on his face. She could feel his heat invading her body. She didn't usually accept physical contact, but for now she will make an exception. "Well, I left you believing in foolish things."Said Madelyn shyly. "All that matters now is that your here, with me" Said Chanyeol, while pushing her hair out of her face. Madelyn stopped shivering. They both smiled at each other. Chanyeol released her, stepped back and said" Do you want to learn a new Korean game?" he asked innocently."Sure," answered Madelyn. She was happy things were back to normal between them. "Hold out your arms & close your eyes," he said.She did as she was told. She felt him move in between her arms, hugging her again. Chanyeol leaned down turning his head slightly to the right. Madelyn didn't know what he was doing until it was too late. She felt the sweet,delicate contact on her lips, then immediately pulled back. Blushing, she looked up at him then hid her face in his chest. "Ya! Ask permission!" she yelled but it came muffled. Chanyeol chuckled. "Oh my!" he said."In my country, we wouldn't call this friendship," he joked. She muffled something else. "Madelyn..." he said deeply. She looked up at him then he said " I'm really glad I met you,". She could tell his eyes were serious. " I'm glad I met you too," she said shamelessly.He leaned down, pressing his head against her damp forehead. He breathed in and closed his eyes, relaxing himself. She closed her eyes as well, feeling slightly nervous the only barrier between them were her glasses. They stayed like that for about minute. When Madelyn's anticipation finally left, she felt warmth on her lips. She didn't care that he didn't ask permission.