Chapter 1

Fall 2040

The Autumn Gala was finally here. It was held 2 weeks before the Eleanoriad games. Everyone was busy trying to be the most beautiful among the rest, to be the one that looks richest, and lastly trying to be someone you are not. I really liked the gala because all my friends were there but at the same time the heels were really killing my feet.

Someone knocks.

"Just a minute!" I shouted as I immedietly hid my journal in my closet.

"What are you up to again, Mandy?" Liyser asked. Liyser is my guardian-ish, technically she is my nanny.

"Nothing, just looking at cute warriors in the window thats all." I said

"Again?Didn't I told you that you are not allowed to talk to them, and pretending being attacked is not allowed" She said

"I know but I am kinda going through a phase right now and I have this feelings thingy going on" I defended.

"You are already nineteen years old. I think you have finished that phase. AND you need to get in your dress for the gala." Liyser pulled me out of the room and into the dressing room

I let out a sigh as she prepared my dress. "You can't fool me ya know."

She added "You were writing in that diary of yours, huh?"

"Its not a diary. It is called a journal" I responded

"Whatever"

Silence followed. After several minutes, I finally got into my gown. It was the color of auburn. It had long sleeves and a lace that enveloped the area below my waist it was beautifully done I must say. Aside the beautiful gown, my makeup on the other hand is only making my face paler than it already is.

"Excuse me but the miss' vehicle to the gala is here" said by a slave.

I walked straight to the car and headed to the most fake event ever, the gala.

I walked out of the car bombarded by the Cinco whatever they call themselves with an annoying grin

"Oooh,Its Amandine."
"What an interesting dress!" said by the other girls

"How cheap was it? It must've been hard since I was always the trend setter in this place" Patricia said in her usual annoying high pitch voice.

"Hmm." I looked at her from head to toe "I guess you look alright" I stopped and let out a huge sigh. "I mean your nose looks like a highway, your contour makes you look malnuorish, and your smokey eye wheew it looks like you had a black eye. A simple makeup would've done it. All in all you look like a shaved rat" I walked past her and her friends but I took one last look and added.

"RAT?!" I heard her shout as I went and met my friends

"Amazing. You treated her well" Max greeted

"Well nice to see you to, Max" I said jokingly

"Hey gurl, love that dress. Seriously, can I get Liyser as my designer?" said Brooks

"Aw, I think Rex did a good job too" I complimented. Her dress was honey colored with little silver embellishments.

"Shall I walk you both in mi ladies" Max as he offers us his arm and we laugh in unison.

As we walk in they announced us as soon as they recognized our faces.

"Miss Amandine Of Gregorian with

Sir Maxmillian Of Hanocac and

Miss Brooklyn Of Javelor!" All eyes were on us as we went to our tables. Patricia went in a few minutes later.

"Miss Patricia Of Tyrano"

The program soon started and there were dances but I refused to join any of it except for the main dance which is choreographed.

My partner was Ylves of Paterno, heir to the trade department quite wealthy if ado say so myself.

On the other hand Brooklyn and Max are partners "ugh lucky" I muttered. The dance soon ended and the mingling began. Ylves disappeared as soon as the dance ended so did Brook and Max.

"wow so now I am going solo what nice friends I have" I thought

I looked around to see that the Greystone ditched the dance there were even no representatives of any kind.

As for my family, they are the Gregorians the founders of this community. Cool right? My family have been ruling this square for about 300 years. None of the families can replace them since they are one of the strongest clans here.

The other clan are the Greystones. They mostly seclude themselves with the rest of us, their teens create trouble, but they hold the bank in the community.So, they are still a big thing here in the square.Next, wer--

Wait.

I saw a black figure on the edge of my eyes.I figured that could be a hunter. Hunters are from the wasteland or outside the square. I got permission to go out because I lied about not feeling good.

I went to the garden and looked around but minutes later. I can't find anyone suspicious.

I soon gave up and asked my driver to bring me home since I lost spirit to go back .

Our house has a medieval like style. It was mostly cobblestone and large gates with black and red as its walls.

As I reached the house, I dismissed my driver and he left as soon as possible. I opened the main door and I was shooked to what I saw.

"I think it's time for a reunion."