Introduction

Hi my name is Elizabeth Athmis and I live alone in the woods. My house is a a large tree house, it is held up by a beautiful sycamore tree. My house is surrounded by trees  and has a lovely ramp to the front door. I never visit my family, well what's left of my family. My mom died when I was eight and it was the hardest time f my life. My mom and I did everything together. My dad was in the army and when my mom passed he had to take leave and come home for a week. I didn't want my dad to leave that week i needed him, but our country needed him worse. We dropped him off at the airport on December 20th 2003. It was hard to see the only parent I have leave and possibly never come back. My dad was supposed to come back on Christmas. It was Christmas eve and my dad was supposed to be arriving soon i was sitting in the living room although my grandmother already went to bed and she told me to awake her when he arrived. I heard a knock on the door so I yelled upstair and down came my grandmother. I opened the door before she got to me and when I opened the door it wasn't my dad. It was a friend of his that came to the door with a folded up flag, dog tags, and a letter. My grandma knew what was going on and sadly so did I. I just stared at the man and cried my grandma grabbed me and picked me up. I was crying and my grandma put me back down to get the items and talk to this man. He said that my dad died in combat and he was shot in the heart while defending the man that was at my door. The man said he knew my father very well and he was going to miss him. With those words i hit the ground, i don't remember much after that and this was now the hardest time of my life. I lost both my parents in the same month of the same year my mother  on December 16th 2003 and my father on December 24th 2003. I still wear my dad's  dog tags to this day.