I've Got A Cure

Tegan called Sara back in and explained the situation, and Sara agreed that it was a good idea to create a new identity to protect Ethan and help him feel more like himself.

  The next morning, they were finally in LA, and it was decided that Sara would go with Ethan to the hairdressers, and Tegan would join them later for the shopping, as Tegan had prior arrangements with a friend early on.

  And so, Sara and Ethan (who was dressed in the twins' most boyish clothes) walked to the nearest hairdressers they could find via Sara's phone, which happened to be called 'The Cure'. 

  "That's funny," Sara told Ethan, "That's the name of one of our songs from our album 'sainthood'."

  The pair walked into the shop and up to the empty front desk. They heard a voice from the back shout "Just a minute!", and less than a minute later, a young woman with cropped turquoise hair walked in, cleaning a pair of scissors. Then she looked up. Her face showed her immense shock as her hand gripped the front desk, knuckles turning white. "Seriously?!" She exclaimed. "Sara Quin. . in my shop!" She fanned her face with her hand but soon composed herself.

  "I take it you know me then!" Said Sara. "May I compliment you on your hair and shop name choice!"

  "O. m. g. . Thank you, I am such a big fan! What can I do for you on this fantastic day?" Said the woman, whose name tag said she was called Lilly, grinning like this was the best day of her life.

  "I'm here to ask if you would be so kind as to give this young man a haircut." Sara asked, putting her hand on Ethan's shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

  "H-hi." Stammered Ethan, self-consciously pulling at his long hair, beaming inside that he was called 'young man' for the first time in his life.

  "Of course!" Lilly exclaimed, leading them over to a chair. "What hairstyle are you looking for....?"

"Ethan." Sara finished for the overly energetic hairdresser.

  "Ethan." Said Lilly. "So, Ethan, would you like a just a trim or have it really short? Spiky or suave? Natural or gelled?" She asked, bombarding Ethan with questions, obviously still excited by Sara's presence in her shop.

  "Umm..." Ethan looked to Sara for help.

  Ethan and Sara had talked earlier about what he would like, and so she said, "I think he'll have it short- shorter than mine- and just kinda casual, like he could gell it but it doesn't really matter, right?"

  "Right!" Said Ethan.

  "Right!" Said Lilly, assessing his hair. "I think I know just what you mean."

****************

  After Sara and Ethan had got his hair cut and styled, and they had had lunch back at the bus, they met up with Tegan at a nearby shopping center. Ethan was overwhelmed by possibilities, and ended up getting three tops, two pairs of jeans, a pair of cargo type pants, and a pair of shoes, as well as a jacket, and some underwear and socks. He felt kinda bad because the twins were spending their money on him, but they insisted that they didn't mind a bit.

 He felt kinda bad because the twins were spending their money on him, but they insisted that they didn't mind a bit