Prologue

Nina POV

We're both lying down on the bed waiting for the hotel people to bring the breakfast we ordered. I look at Ian and he looks so nervous. He keeps switching the channel and he keeps looking at something in his phone.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask him while gently rubbing his back.

"Ye-yeah. I'm okay. Why?" He stutters a bit.

"Nothing. It's just that you look like you're worrying about something." I say curiously.

"No. I'm not worried about anything. I think I'm just hungry. That's all." He shrugs.

"Yeah. I don't know what's taking so long. It's just breakfast." I sigh.

"I know." He agrees.

After another five minutes of waiting Ian goes out and he says that he's gonna ask the people what's taking so long. When he goes out the whole room becomes silent except for the sound of the tv.

While switching through the channels Ian comes in. He was holding a tray with our breakfast on it.

"Why are you the one carrying it?" I ask, feeling slightly confused.

"Nothin'" he says with a smirk.

"What are you up to now
Somerhalder?" I say with a chuckle.
He puts the tray on the table then he sits beside me on the bed. He was holding something in his left hand and he held my left hand with his right.

"This." He says then he shows me a small box with his right hand. He opens it and I see a beautiful diamond ring.

Oh my God.

Ohmygod.

Is he really doing this?

Why is he doing this?

Now?

Seriously?

"Ian. I don't know what to say." I say while shaking terribly.

"I know. I know. It's shocking. The bad boy of tv series is asking a girl to marry him. But hear me out. Nina, we've been together for two years. Those two years have been the best years of my life. I never saw you ever coming into my life and when you did you made my life way better. You made me into this guy, a guy that I never thought I could ever be. But because of you I got to be 'that guy'. I know this is a big decision but I'm ready for this. I know I am. You know why?" He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you're the one I'll be in it with and I can't imagine it with anyone else." He says sincerely.

Woah.

He's so sure of this.

But am I?

I'm at the peak of my career right now. Can I even handle a commitment this big.

"God. I'm still kinda processing this."

"Wait, I haven't even asked yet."

"Oh yeah." I say with a laugh.

"Nina Dobrev, will you marry me?" He asks while kneeling on one knee.