Chapter 8

A year later

Ian POV

I’m back.

But not for the reason I had hoped.

I actually came to peace with a lot of stuff since I’ve been away. I already accepted that Nina is never gonna marry me and that we will never be together so when we see each other again on set I’ll keep it in the friend zone with her.

But the reason I’m back is that Paul is so devastated. He called me one night and then he started sobbing on the phone. Apparently he’s getting divorced to Torrey. (Lucky Nina and I never got to that level). But I feel so bad for him. He’s my best bud and I couldn’t just leave him alone while he’s going through this whole divorce thing so I decided to come back.

I already called Julie and I told her that I would be coming back to the Vampire Diaries and she got all excited and told me that she had a storyline based on Damon coming back to Mystic Falls, so I’m kinda curious about that already.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I unlock the door to my apartment and I put my bags on top of my bed. I take some house clothes out from my closet and I go inside the shower.

When I finish showering I hear my phone ringing.

I pick it up and it’s Paul.

I answer.

“Hey Paul!” I greet him.

“Ian. I heard from Julie that you’re also coming back to set?” he asks.

“Yeah, I am. Gotta start working again, I was jobless for a year you know. I’m actually planning to check in to set this afternoon. Are you there?”

“Yes. Nina and Steven are filming a scene right now. Text me when you arrive I’ll meet you.”

“Sure. I’m leaving now.”

Then he ends the call.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I call Paul as I get out of the car.

He picks up,

“Ian, are you here?”

“Uhuh. I’m outside.”

“I’ll be right there.” He says before ending the call.