A Hurtful Memory

Kylie's POV

"No." I say after a few minutes and kissed his cheek before dashing off. Once I was positive he wasn't close behind, I slowed down to catch my breath. When I looked around at where I was, I nearly screamed.

I was on a crumbling cliff.

Immediately I'm turning around to get to a safer place. Instead I end up slipping and I grab onto a branch sticking out of the cliff as I fall.

I decided to take a look down, but immediately regretted it. If I fall from this high up over my kingdom, I'd DIE!! I can barely see the top of the castle as it is!!!!

"D-Draco!" I stutter. So maybe I should've let him come with me. This time, my life is on the line. "Draco!" I yell louder, tears falling from my eyes. I was downright terrified.

Draco's POV

Kylie ran off and I stood still. I wish she would've let me come with her. I was fooling myself to think that I could convince her to let me come with her.

I'm already missing her. I sat down on a rock and ran my hand through my hair.

"Draco!" I heard and recognized Kylie's voice. Instead of her normal, calm tone, it was a voice of terror. Immediately I run in the direction she had gone.

Soon I come to a stop. There was a crumbled cliff and a path that continued on.

"Kylie?!" I yell. "Draco!" Kylie yelled and my eyes widened when I realized that it came from the cliff. I ran over to it and got down on my hands & knees, looking over the ledge.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw her holding onto a tree branch in the side of the cliff, tears streaming from her terrified eyes.

The branch began to break and she screamed. The sound pierced my heart and I could feel tears burning at my eyes.

I reached down to try and get ahold of her. I'd accidentally left my wand at the Manor, so I couldn't use magic to help her.

"Grab my hand Kylie!" I say. She tried to let go of the branch with one hand, but couldn't, shaking her head.

"I can't! I-I'm too scared." She said and I racked my brain for something that could help her. "Remember back on Neverland last year when my father cursed you and you only trusted me to help you?" I ask, hoping that I know where I'm going with this.

"Y-yes." She stuttered. "Then trust me to help you now." I say and she stared at me, her tears falling quickly, before trying to let go of the branch with one hand.

After a minute, she reaches up with one hand and the branch snaps just as I grab her hand. She grabbed my arm with her other hand and I pulled her up.

The second I've got her back up here to safety and in my arms, I hold her tightly. She was crying onto my chest and I held her tighter.

"Oh Kylie. I love you so much." I say and kiss her head. "I love you too Draco." She cried and I lifted her head to see the tears still falling, and they were falling fast.

"Don't cry Kylie. I'm right here and you're safe." I say and she presses her soft, wet lips onto mine, snogging me. I snogged her back, holding her close.

That was way too close. Why didn't she use her wings though?

When we pulled apart to breathe, I looked to see her eyes still closed as she tried to catch her breath back.

"Why didn't you just fly Kylie?" I ask and she sighed, opening her palm to form a very small green sphere. It was really dim too.

"My powers were weak when you'd scared me. And I attacked on impulse. With Neverland people, you need to rest your magic. Flying takes up a lot of magic." She said before burying her face in my chest.

I held her close, knowing she's still scared. She's too tense to not be. "It's okay Kylie. I'm right here." I say, holding her tighter.

After a while, she finally calms down and lifts her head. It was tearstained and her eyes were bloodshot & red from crying.

"There's your beautiful face." I whisper and she giggled before I kissed her. She snogged me back.

"I love you." She mumbled against my lips. "I love you too." I mumbled back. We snogged for what felt like hours before we broke apart for air.

"Let me come with you. Please." I whisper to her. Tears began streaming from her eyes again. "Wh-what if y-you get hu-hurt?" She sobbed and I crushed her to me.

"I love you so much. If I get hurt, that's better than you getting hurt." I say and kiss her cheeks, forehead, and nose before claiming her lips as mine. She snogged me back and I pulled her closer to me.

When we broke apart, she just stared at me. "Please Kylie." I pleaded and after a minute, she nodded before pulling me closer to kiss her.

I snogged her back, my arms tightening around her waist. After a minute of this, I felt her tangle her fingers into my hair as I pulled her onto my lap.

"We should get going. It'll be dark soon." She said when we pulled apart. I let her off my lap before standing myself and grabbing her hand.

"Come on." She says and pulls me towards the path. We walked in silence and I pulled her close. She grinned at me and after awhile, we came to a sign.

"Final test! Can you stand strong? Let's find out.

The past that still hurts.
The past you're trying to run from.
The past that wants to catch up with you.

Can you stand strong against the memory? If you can, entrance to the cave with the Stone Of Power will be granted to you.

Good luck!" Kylie read.

"Are you trying to run from a part of your past?" I ask and she nodded slowly as suddenly we weren't on the cliff.

Now, we were in a forest. A younger version of Kylie sat against a tree, hugging herself. She didn't have a jacket and was wearing a T-shirt, shorts, & sneakers. The ground was covered in snow.

"Hey Kylie." Someone said as a boy came into view. He had a blanket with him and wrapped it around Kylie.

"I feel so stupid." She said. "Well don't. They're the stupid ones. They don't see the Kylie I see." He said. "You're just saying that Cam." She said.

"No I'm not. You're pretty darn awesome. Who's the girl that never gave up even when Headmaster Agamemnon said to give up?" Cam said.

"Me." Kylie said. "Who was the girl that chained herself to the library in protest of it getting torn down and won?" He asked her. "Me." She said.

"And who's the girl who took a chance on the boy that was always getting bullied because of his love of books?" He asked her. "Me." She said.

"Exactly. You're Kylie Potter. You can do anything." He tells her and pulls her to her feet. "Thanks Cam. Best friends?" She asked. "Forever." He said and linked his pinkie with hers.

"I was nine here." Kylie whispered to me.

The scene changed and suddenly we were in a cafeteria. Kylie was standing in the entrance when a few boys, including Cameron, walked over to her.

"Lookie lookie. It's little miss stupid." One of the boys said. "Whattcha reading?" Cameron said, taking her book. "Human fairytales?"

"Give it back Cameron." She said. "What a baby. Right Cameron?" One of the other boys said. "Yea." He said and tossed the book aside as the other boys walked off.

"What happened to forever?!" Kylie yelled at Cameron as he walked away while she began to cry. I pulled my Kylie close to me, pinning her to my chest.

"Life happened." He spat at her before walking off. The younger Kylie crumpled to the floor, crying. The scene disappeared and we were back on the cliff.

"I was ten." Kylie told me.

"So the person who was there for you when you were freezing in the snow turned against you a year later?" I ask incredulously. "Yep." She sighed.

I watched as Kylie was clearly fighting back her tears. "He'd promised we'd be best friends forever. Then he made a deal with someone called The Keeper to help get me captured. Now I've been in hiding for seven years." She said.