S I X

/You know I'd fall apart without you, I don't know how you do what you do. 'Cause everything that don't make sense about me, makes sense when I'm with you. Like everything that's green, girl, I need you. But it's more than one and one makes two. Put aside the math and the logic of it, you got to know you're wanted too/ ~ Hunter Hayes {Wanted}

My headphones were over my ears, and my head was back against the seat. My eyes would close occasionally as I just listened to my music. But most of the time I heard giggling from a group of teenage girls a few rows in front of me. I would smile back just to get a funny response out of them.

But, other than that...the plane ride was actually pretty smooth...besides the nagging seven year-old in front of me who would not stop asking questions.

"What's your name?" He was on his knees on the seat of his chair. He had short red hair, and freckles that outlined his face. If he wasn't so annoying, I would've said he was pretty cute. For a kid, at least.

"Owen." I replied.

"My names, Arnie."

"That's a nice name," I said back, just for the hell-of-it. I was bored, and my music wasn't putting me to sleep, so I just took off my headphones and put them in the backpack I brought for the trip. It had a few magazines in there, my phone, headphones, and my jacket which I got too hot for.

Arnie, looked beside me and rose his hand over the seat to point. "What's her name?" He asked. I looked in his direction at Kristen who had fallen asleep of my shoulder.

I smiled. "Kristen."

"Is she your girlfriend?" He questioned, playfully.

"What?"

"You know, do you guys go on dates and kiss and everything else that dating people do?"

I shook my head. "No, she's just a friend." I responded. Kristen had moved over a bit in her sleep so she was closer to me. She was shivering slightly, so opening up my backpack without waking her up {because God knows I'd be dead} I took out my jacket and placed it over her shoulders. She smiled, forcing me to smile.

"She's pretty." Arnie mentioned, staring at her the same way I was.

"Yeah. She is pretty."

"Do you want to date her?" He asked.

"Do I want to date her?" I repeated. He nodded his head, seeming very interested in Kris. "If I didn't have a girlfriend...and if she didn't just like me as a friend...then yes. I'd want to date her."

"She doesn't like you back?" He said kind of sadly. Almost as if he was rooting for...whatever Kris and I could've been.

"No. Only as friend. We've known each other for fourteen years."

"And you've never asked her on a date?"

"No. I was kind of scared to be honest. But I now have a girlfriend...who I'm planning on asking to marry me." I told him, showing him the ring I kept in the pocket of my jacket.

He frowned. "Why don't you ask Kristen to marry you?"

I chuckled. "You need to date someone for a while before you ask them to marry you."

"Are you sad that you didn't ask her on a date?" He cocked his head. I bit my lip and looked over at Kris.

"A little." I said and continued with, "but we're still good friends now. In fact, that's all we've ever been."

"I think you should ask her on a date."

"I have a girlfriend. It wouldn't be fair to her. Besides, I love Caitlin -"