Chapter10: Cant believe my ears

I woke to a alarm I cracked my eyes open  an glanced at it. It said 10:30 am. I was supposed to be at  work 30 minutes ago! I usually get woken up but lately I haven't been talking to Marshall after that weekend at least 2 weeks ago. I go pulled my hair up and wore the clothes from yesterday, simple tee and jeans it was still chilly outside so I threw a jacket on and ran out the door then went three blocks to my work, then ran in the door and checked in and got right to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUNCH

I grabbed a ho-ho and milk from the bar people were lined up behind me so I grabbed the stuff  and sat against the fence I really don't know if it was me or Marshall or both. I popped the lid off the milk and took a swig then bit into the ho-ho. The fence clinked next to me for no odd reason. I switched my head next to me it was Marshall he looked unusually happy. I glared at him and turned back to my milk. He kept staring at me it was making me mad. "Ok stop staring I swear god are you high or something". I said still glaring. " No but I know I'm the happiest man on Earth". He said staring at the grey nasty sky. "Is that so". I said taking another swig. "Yeah try to guess why". He said. "I give up why". I said nonchalantly. "Remember that girl from the bar". He said. I shook my head taking a very long drink. "Well since that weekend we have been hanging out and well yesterday I made her MY girlfriend'. He said giddily. My heart stopped and I started choking on the milk and coughed. "Hey are you ok". Marshall said with a look of worry. Of course not I had a crush on him first that evil hag. Thoughts to myself. "That's great Marshall". I said trying to sound happy when in all truth I wanted to slap him. "Whats her name anyway". I said more forcefully a happy smile. "Well I found out her name is Kim and she is the most beautiful girl ever". He said dreamily.  My breathing got heavier and I wanted to just go to a corner and cry. "I have to go my shift is over". I said and he looked at me confused. "Why do look so angry and sad". He asked. I put my eyebrows together "Im not". I said getting up and walked away. "Well bye I guess". He said. I walked back to the house where I was greeted by Nate. "Hi Ali what's wrong". He said from a warm smile to a worried look I shook my head "Nothing to be concerned but hey Im going to the phone store and I could really us your help". I said. 'Ok". He smiled and grabebd his shoes and coat. "Were is your mom". I asked looking around. "She left to some bango game or something". He said putting the last shoes on. I grabbed my suitcase and grabbed a couple 20's. Nathan was ready and I put my suitcase back. I grabbed his hand and we walked down town. It was dirty and smelt horrible. "Ok well its down this block.....hopefully". I said. Nate looked around nervously. I nudged him "Its ok  nothing will happen to you I promise". I said looked down at him. He nodded and looked straight ahead. We found the store and compared to the rest of the town it was actually nice inside with a display of all the phones. Nate walked in fast and I opened the door. "Hello welcome may I help you". A nice guy said he had brown eyes and brown hair. 'Yeah well I came here looking for just a simple phone nothing fancy". I said looking around. "Well over here we have this flip phone with a nice black case that comes to with it to protect it". He said. "What do you think Nate". I said looking at him. He nodded. "Yeah that one". He said.

''~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later we were just got home the phone was set up and it was ready to use but the only number I had was Michaels. We walked in the door and we saw Marshall on the couch. "Hey Marshall". Nate said. He hugged Marshall I continued to mess with the phone.  "What is that ". Marshall said. "A phone so I can call people". I said not looking up. 'Who do you have on there". He asked looking over my shoulder. "Um Michael thats about it". I said looking up this time. " Wait he gave you his number". Marshall said almost angrily. " Yeah thats kinda why I got it". I said like it was nothing. " One night and you get his number he doesn't look like your type". Marshall angrily. "Why is it any diffrent and how do know my type" I said putting the phone in my pocket. " Given the fact that you hook up with a girl 2 weeks after you first met". I said feeling mad. "Its diffrent you doent know if he's going to use you". He said almost yelling. " I can do what ever the hell I want and you can't tell me what to do Im not going to stand by while you be happy  and be on the sidelines watching you I deserve to be happy and you cant make me not see him". I yelled at Marshall seezing with anger. He looked at me shocked. I walked out of the door slamming it shut. I grabbed my phone and called Michael. Ring ring ring "Hello'. He said on the other line. "Hi Michael its Ali from the bar". I said trying to sound happy. "Hi  Ali its nice to talk you I thought I got stood up". He said happily. "I know it took me awhile to get the phone and stuff ". I said walking around. " Understood but would you like to meet up sometime". He asked. "Of course when is best for you". I asked for some reason getting excited. "How about today". He asked. "Sure that sound great". I said.

Sorry about the lack of updates its hard but its my winter break and christmas and stuff was kepping me held up but Im back