Moving On

Jaune Arc's POV

It's been a few days since I've had my Crocea Mors upgraded to have some of Pyrrha's armour as a reminder that I need to move forward, but deep down I just can't let her go. So I ask myself.

"Why?"
"Is it because she had feelings for me that I could never give back"
" Or I have feelings that I never realize until I lost her"

I'll probably never have the answers to these questions but everytime I look at Crocea Mors it feels heavier than the last time I swing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe we're lost"
I spoke out of disbelief.

"Well what would you expect when Nora reading the map"
Ren explains with his usual calm voice.

"Maybe it's a good thing we've made a detour cause we could've run into the bandit that raid the village"
As Ruby comforts me like she did the whole time we left that village but she just made me think of it again.
"Oh, my bad..."
Realizing it made me gloomy again. She continues to be there for me but I know she feels the sense of uselessness.

But we didn't know was both Ren and Nora was silence for awhile which I assume them to be gloomy as I am but I'll soon realize I was wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ruby Rose POV

We decided to camp for the night. Both Jaune and I look for my driftwood for Ren to cook while they look for extra ingredients.

"I just hope Nora won't eat too much of what they find"
Jaune hopes for the best as he picks up a stick.

"With Ren, I think she'll behave.... probably"
I was sure then recall that it was Nora we're talking about.

"She's like you when presented with cookies"
As he points the stick.
"But in her case she eat almost anything edible"

I pouted and deny his statement.
"I am not that much of gluttony"

But he points out.
"Really? Then answer me this. How much cookies do you have left? We baked some back the village where I got my Crocea Mors upgraded"

I am stunned cause I probably have a handful left and who knows when will we arrive to next village or even allow us to baked new ones.

" Ha, looks like you depleted some of your resources a too much"
I slowly approach him cause he make me mad by pointing that out but his continues to preach.
"You know how uncertain our journey is right? You should've hold back a lit-- Awwh!!!"
He didn't noticed when I was right in front of him and quickly use my semblance to sneak up behind and bite him like a bloodsucking grimm.

"Why'd you bite me?"
He rubs his neck while I just pouted and turned to ask him.

"How about you, how much cookie do you still have?"
I didn't look at him but his voice made me.
"I think I haven't touch my stash yet"
I knows why he's gloomy cause he constantly train with Pyrrha's recordings every time he's on watch duty.

I thought it was a one time thing but it's a routine of his, like he does to grief but in my eyes it's self punishment. As I look at his back, I couldn't see the vomit boy that gave me the friendliest hand at the first day at beacon but a man who lost someone he held so dear.

That I know the feeling but even if I know how it feels I don't know how to ease it's pain. So just hug him from behind and honest spoke.

"Your not alone Jaune"
The moment our warmth mixed he lift his head and I could clearly hear him resisting his tears to fall but couldn't. I too have fail to save her, your not the only one that need to carry the burden of losing her.

All of these thought was only conveyed by our tears that we try to hide from each other. Time unknowingly passes by with Jaune voice both of us took a step in move forward.

"Ruby, wanna have some of my cookies for dessert".

I just nod on his hard armor that was bathed in my tears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AN:
This is my first fanfict and as you can see i am a jauby/lancaster

If you have ideas or suggest please do comment and feel free to hit me with some criticism

I'll probably have more stuff to write to complete this fanfic alone so there's more where that came from

Note: I don't own the image/picture i use in the cover and page image, their owned by their respective owners.
If the own hits me up and say he/she doesn't want it to be there I'll be happy to remove it