Prologue

Once upon a time, Ha I wish. Once upon a times don't exist in the real world, well at least not for me. Or at least that's what I thought until I met HIM. My Parents and my pack were killed by rouges, the only reason I made it was because of my Brother and my parents. My parents, Lisa and Brandon Peeters, woke me up late one night, when I was in about 1st Grade.

They seemed very alert and scared which scared me because my parents were always strong, they had to be for the pack. Well they got me up and hid me and my brother in the floor. Zach hugged me tight to his chest as he listened, he was 16 and since he's the Alpha's son he had already shifted.

Zach and I stayed squished in that little area for hours till my brother decided it was safe. He pushed open the top and climbed out, looked around and stretched before he reached down grabbed me setting me on his hip. Zach sniffed a little more then set me down and whispered "Hayla, I want you to pack up all your clothes, or as many as you can, then I want you to set it on your bed and then get into the hiding spot and when I come back up I will use our secret Knock, Okay"?

"Where is Mommy and Daddy"? I ask tears running down my face, "I don't know but I'm going to find out and get my stuff ready, Okay? I love you Hayla", he says and wipes my tears. I nod and do as I'm told. I quickly jump down into the hiding spot and close the top. I wait for about a half an hour until Zach comes and does the secret knock.

I push open the latch and see Zach so I smile at him. Smiling back he reaches down and pulls me up and then goes and grabs my stuff off of my bed. "Where are we going"? I ask as Zach straps me in my Booster seat in the back of his car. "We are going far, far away".