Chapter 2

"Why does that matter he's just a person, and those are just jobs." I tell Emma.

"Are you kidding? Just a job, just a person?!?! Don't try and make him ordinary Clair! This is big, this is SO BIG! You literally fell asleep next to the hottest  person on planet earth."

"Oh my gosh you think every guy is hot." I say rolling my eyes.

"No not true, that Gabe kid in 9th grade was NOT  hot." She says proving me wrong. I shake my head at her. We talked about the party and I unwillingly had to tell her every detail of the night. Literally she would not be happy unless I was specific.
My phone dinged and I picked it up to check it out.

A text came in from Zach. I had forgotten we swapped numbers last night. I don't know what had gotten into me, why did I even start talking to him in the first place? I think I was just too tired to put up a fight.

"Hey." It read, plain and simple.

I quickly turned my phone over so Emma wouldn't see, I really didn't feel like having her go all fan girl that i had his number. She was already crazy enough. Besides I'm not sure I want to reply. I'm not looking for more friends.

"Who was that?" Emma asked while she watched me tuck it into my pocket.

"Nobody." I said trying to be nonchalant but she knows me better than that, and I should have known she wouldn't let it slide.

"Clair." She says narrowing her eyes at me, trying to reading me. "Who was that?" She asked again.

"Give me your phone." she said reaching out but I swatted her hand away.

"It was just Zack. Please don't freak out." As I said this she was already jumping up and down doing exactly the opposite of what I wanted.

" OMG!" She squeezed.

"He has your number?!?! I think I might die, this is the greatest thing that has literally ever happened! MY best friend got Zachary Kings number." She throws her hands up in the air and a big smile spreads across her face.

"This day can't get any better! Your not hiding anything else now are you? Your not like secretly married to this kid or something?" She said giggling at the last part.

"I'm not even going to respond to him, it's no big deal. He was just some guy I talked to at the party. Like I said no big deal. Lets just forget about."

"Forget about it? Are you kidding? No way. I'm not going to let you keep pushing everyone out of your life. You you need to get over yourself and let people in once in a while, it's good for you." She said a little more seriously. I hate it when she's right.

Emma went on lecturing me as always and I finally gave into her. I'll text him back but I don't want to be friends or anything. She starred at my phone screen with big eyes as I texted back.

"Hey."I said hoping he wouldn't reply.

"Do you want to meet up sometime?" He asked. My face turned red and I started to shake. No way I'm not meeting up with him. Not a chance.
Emma's eyes were the size of saucers.

"Say yes say yes yes! I'm not giving you a choice!" She says while grabbing my phone away from me. Before she could reply he texted again.

"I think you still have my sweatshirt and I thought i might try and get that back :p."

My face burned as Emma's eyes landed on the sweatshirt I forgot I had on. His sweatshirt.

"How did you end up with that?" she said looking at me with a mischievous smile.

"It was cold out so he made me put it on." I said

"Awwwww how sweet! He's handsome and caring! Does it get any better than that? I. Don't. Think. So." she said turning back to my phone that she still held in her hand. She texted back.

"I would love to, wanna meet at the "Ground Up Caffe" down town."

"How about Saturday around 3, you bring my jacket I'll buy you coffee?" He replied.

"Sounds great! See you Saturday then."

"Alright see you then :D." He answered.

All through this Emma had my phone diligently texting him back. I groaned in annoyance.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her.

"It's for your own good, you gotta put yourself out there. Especially if it's with him." She said winking.

"I hate you, you know that right?" I told her.

"No, you don't hate me, and you know it." She said winking at me while she stands up and grabs her phone and keys.

"Gotta go Clair I'm meeting up with Brent, wanna join?" She asked hopeful.

"And third wheel? I think I'll pass. Thanks though." I said

"You could ask Zach to come." She said winking at me.

"Oh please." I said throwing a pillow at her.

"Get outta here." I joked with her.

"Suit yourself, see ya." Emma said while waving goodbye before closing the door.

Sorry the chapters a little short but I hope you liked it anyways! Be sure to tell me your thoughts on the book in the comment section. ☺️

Love you all -Bella