27. Just Say More Secrets

"Hey Mr. Winters. How was your day?" I ask as he walks into the kitchen.

"It was just fine Jessica. Thank you. You know, you're such a delight to have around."

"Thanks Marcus." He smiles and ruffles my hair a bit.

"Hey, umm, son. I got us tickets for a baseball game next Saturday. I remember how much you used to love baseball...Will you come?"
I raise my eyebrow and lean back in my seat.
Come on Ethan.
Don't screw this up.

"Just because I live here now doesn't mean that everything between us is fixed, okay. And for the record, I never loved baseball. I only did it because you loved baseball, and I wanted to have some excuse to be closer to you, but I guess that was a colossal waste of time." 
I place a palm on my face and shake my head.
"I understand." Marcus bows his head sorrowfully as he leaves the room.

"What'd you do that for?" I slap his arm and frown.
"I'm not just going to pretend that nothing ever happened and we're the best of friends."

"You're not even trying to make it work, at least he is."

Ethan sighs and gets up. "Dad, wait. I never said that I didn't want to go with you."

"So you'll come?" He asks hopefully.
"Yeah." Ethan answers. He slowly walks back to where I am with his hands on his hips. "Happy?" He asks.

"Not yet." I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck. I give him a quick kiss and run a finger down his chest. 

"When did you become such a naughty girl?"  He smiles as he runs his hand through my hair and leans in to kiss me.

"Maybe I've always been one." I lick my lips slightly as my hands roam around his body, slowly outlining his v-line. I close my eyes and let out a deep breath.
"I'm sorry...you know what, forget it."

"Come on babe." He brushes my hair to the side and kisses me again. "We should wait."
I roll my eyes and push him away.

"Oh my god, what is wrong with you? What kind of guy says no to sex?" I exclaim louder than I probably should have.
I clasp my hands over my mouth and my eyes widen as my face heats up and reddens.
"Nice going." He smirks and ruffles my hair, "you better hope nobody heard that."

My face becomes an even deeper shade of red and I bury my face in Ethan's chest. He chuckles and kisses the top of my head.
"Don't worry, this place is huge. Nobody heard you."

"What should we do?" Ethan asks after letting go of me.

"I don't know. You're the one that lives here." He smiles a bit and looks down at the ground.
"Okay, um, we could. There really isn't anything to do. I mean, we could watch movies and hang out...you know, and maybe make out a little."
"That's what we always do. You know, dating you just got really boring." I tease.
He smiles and leans against the counter.
"Is that so?" He raises an eyebrow.
I nod as I sit up on the counter.

"Well I'm so very sorry that being my girlfriend has become such a drag," he walks towards me and puts one arm on either side of me, trapping me, "I promise I'll try my best to make it up to you." He whispers, his lips dangerously close to mine. His hot breath fans my face and I literally melt into a pile of goo.

He slowly backs away and reaches out a hand to help me down.

"Let's go up to my room."  I gladly follow him up the stairs, to his room and plop into my favourite beanbag.

He takes a seat next to me and silently browses through the channels.

"Hey, you know I was kidding, right?"