california to maine

all rights belong to girlinlove23

this is my first book I hope you enjoy!!!!!!

chapter 1 high life

"mom.... mom...mom!!!'' I was standing at the top of the stairs waiting for my mom. I was getting ready to head to the mall with my friends, but some how my purse was missing.

"mom" I heard some foot steps then my moms golden brown hair showed up and she looked up at me with sleepy eyes.

"yes Rose?"

I gave her a smile "Have you seen my purse?"

she gave me a glance and then she opened her mouth but closed it. She looked like she was thinking hard. She opened her mouth again.

"May I ask why you need your purse?"

I gave her a small smile.

"Joy wants to go to the mall, she has a date tonight with Mark."

she gave me another smile

"OK dear it's by your keys on the table next to the door."

I gave her a little scowl and turned on my heal and walked back to my room. I grabbed my iPhone which has the cutest cover of a monkey face and the ears stick out the side.  then I turned to my walk-in closet and grabbed my heals I sat on my vanity chair as I strapped my feet in place. I walked over to my mirror gave myself a quick look over. My dirty blonde hair was straightened a little past my shoulders, my outfit was a pink lace top that had nothing on the back besides a few strings and I had on a short skirt what had a pink rose on the side. I look good. I spun around and headed for the door. I walked down the stairs and walked to the kitchen to see my mom was back to work on her laptop.

"mom I'm headed to get Joy, I'll see you around 2 or 3 o'clock ."

she took a quick glance at me her narrow nose had her purple glasses sitting on the edge.

" OK sweet I may not be here and your father called said he was still in New York he will be there for another week ,but Sue will be here she will make you dinner."

I gave her a small smile trying to holding back my anger

"OK mother I'll see you when ever you get home."

Just then I felt my phone buzz. I looked at the screen 1 new message from Joy. I opened it up.

hey rose are we going or what?

I hit the reply button i sent a quick text back.

b right there I'm leaving now.

"Bye mom."

    I walked to the door grabbed my purse and keys and left. I opened the garage and my shiny hot pink vw bug was waiting for me. I hopped in and started it up,the engine made a humming noise as I pulled out. when I got to the end of the drive way Kevin was waiting for me so he could open the door. I gave a quick wave he waved back and I pulled out on the road and five minutes later I was at joys house honking.

   Joy's house wasn't as big as mine but pretty close she didn't have a gate keeper like we did but she was well off.

Joy came running out the door, with here red hair in curls and she had on a a sun dress with sunflowers along the bottom. She got in the passengers side and she gave me a huge toothy grin.