Before

Clarissa Murgatroyd is smarter than most four year olds. No one told her her mother was about to die, but she knew. Her once rosy cheeks were now lacking color . Her once soft lips were now dry and blue. Lips were not supposed to be blue. She looked so thin, Clarissa could count her ribs.

"Can you bring me some tulips from the garden Issa?" She herad her mother say. If flowers would make her happy, then she would give her the best she could find in the while garden.
"Sure mommy" she answerd and kissed her white cheek. Before she left the room, her farher the king walked in.
"Take care of mommy, daddy. Im going to find her some flowers. Dont let her fall asleep" she said and walked out. It took her around 30 minutes to gather the most beautiful tulips she could find. As she was walking to the door, she saw her older brother Alem run towards her, he grabbed her hand and started pulling her to the room her mother was.

"Mommy I have your flowers" she said. But her mommy was crying.
"Thankyou Issa. Now you have to promise me to take care of your dad and Alem. You are now the only girl in the royal family. And you have to be strong for them. I will be watching after you from heaven. I love you little Issa"

"I love you too mommy" she whispered. She walked out of the room and ran. She ran into the kitchen and hid under the sink. No one ever found that secret spot of hers. Why was her mommy leaving? Did the angels want a new queen in heaven?  Why her mommy?
She spent hours and hours under that sink. Until she heard her daddy calling her name, she got out and walked towards him, who was standing in the middle of their ball room.
"Issa, why didnt you say goodbye to mommy?" He asked while hugging her. It was weird when they hugged, they all liked their own space.
"Because saying goodbye means leaving forever. It means never seeing eachother again. I will see mommy again. I never say goodbye." She whispered into his shoulder.
"Issa, you can cry. You can say goodbye. You are not weak for showing emotions" he told her looking into her big blue-green eyes.
"I know daddy, but I have no tears. I think Alem took all of them" she said. Her father laughed. Only she could make him laugh in the worse moments. But who made her laugh?

A year went by, and her father was now getting married to a noble woman that had a daughter. It was a march wedding. Not big and scandalous as he kings first. It was something simple and quiet.
How could her father forget hr mother in just a year? How could he be doing this? But if this made him happy, then she would go through with a brave face. She missed her mother but she made a promise to keep him happy, and that she was going to do.

That day, Clarissa Murgatroyd turned into an ice cold person, always quiet, reserved, serious, logical and a realist. She was five when she decided no one would reach her. Because deep inside, she felt betrayed by her father, by Alem, by her mother and by the world. If she wanted to make it, then she would have to be the bravest person she could be. Even if it meant turning into an Ice Princess.