Chapter 5 - For you

[JESS' POV]

"Who the hell is this girl?"

"What's her relationship with the school majesty?"

"She looks pretty even at the back"

"Is she the girlfriend?"

It's been two days after the incident about me getting off from JL's car, and I always hear these comments almost everywhere. Even until now that I'm in the classroom, waiting for my classes to start.

"Everyone's still talking about that girl, Mary. She became Cinderella of the school in an instance" Someone said behind me. I turned my head to see the person at the back seat.

It's Mary and her best friend.

"That's okay. She might be the poor Cinderella, but I'm still the Goddess" She proudly said before they giggle. I just sighed and looked at the front again.

Where could Prof. Kim be? He should be here already.

"Oh my god! It's JL!" I heard someone shouted from the outside. Some of my classmates ran and went out of the room. I can see that it's getting crowded out there.

Is it really JL? What's he doing in LA department? I thought he already finished his LA subjects.

"Mary! Have you heard that? JL's out there. Is it because of you?" I heard Mary's friend said.

"I don't know. Do you think he's here for me?" Mary said.

Now I don't have the confidence to face JL because of that tabloid. He might think I'm ruining his image.

*beep—beep*

"Jess, I'm looking at a post in the bulletin right now. Prof. Kim will be absent" I got a message from Natty. Thanks for making us wait Prof. Kim.

Then I'll go to library instead.

I get my bag pack and went outside. There are still lots of students. I bet JL is still here.

I walked out straight away from the crowd not even turning my head.

"Miss Jang" Someone called me.

Oh? Please tell me it's not...

"...I've been waiting for you" JL said as he approach me.

"School maje—" I didn't finished my thoughts because he held my hand and dragged me with him.

>>

We arrived at the school field where there's less people.

What's going on? Did he saw the tabloid? Will he get mad at me?

He released my hand and faced me with a serious look.

What's new about that look? You always wear that anyway.

"I'm sorry!" I manage to say while my eyes are tightly closed.

"For what?" He asked, calmly.

What do you mean 'for what'? Didn't he drag me here because he's mad?

"Aren't you mad at me? You've got in trouble too because of me. I shouldn't have got in your car" I said.

"I'm not mad. I don't mind what other people thinks. And it's not your fault" He said.

Then if that's not the reason, why did he drag me here?

"Then why are you looking for me? Why did you drag me here?" I asked.

"Because today's the day you will give me your answer" He said.

Answer? What answ—Oh! He's talking about his offer. Actually, I haven't thought of that since I got distracted about the tabloid.

"You told me to give you two days, remember? So I waited for you" He added.

Okay. I fixed my mind.

"Okay. I will. When is the interview?" I asked. I saw him smiled again.

I told you, don't smile!

"On Monday, at LimCom" He said.

"Okay. I'll go on Monday. So... we're done here, right?" I said.

I better go and buy food first. Getting dragged by the school majesty makes me hungry.

"Let's eat first" He said.

Did he just read what's in my mind?

>>

This food makes me hungry even more. Why does he have to order this many?

Just like last time, the atmosphere is very awkward. He is now cutting the beef steak into pieces.

Is he just going to cut it? Why isn't he eating it?

"Here. This is for you" He said as he offered me the steak he cut.

What is this now? Why does he always make my heart flatter?

"Thank you" I said as I take the plate.

"Do you think I can get in?" I finally asked.

"Yes" He said before he put a piece of steak on his mouth.

Why is he so sure when I, myself isn't confident?

Then I started to eat up the food.

>>

"So, thank you again. You treated me for the second time" I said when we finally finish our food.

"Don't worry, this won't be the last" He said.

Huh? Does this mean he will treat me again?

"Because you'll treat me next time" He added.

Oh, right. I should return him the favour.

"School majesty... I think—" I was about to say something but he butted in.

"Don't worry, I'll drop you by at the entrance" He said.

I was about to say I'll just take a cab. You're making me getting into trouble again.

"I thought you said my dorm is inside of the campus, not at the entrance" I mocked. I just want to make him laugh, and I didn't fail.

Why are you always wear a poker face when you can just smile and laugh like this?

>>

"Thank you. I better go before someone puts me on tabloid again" I said. He chuckled then he nodded his head.

I'm now entering inside the campus alone.

This is much better. I hope no one caught me this time.

Then I turned around to see if JL was gone, but he's not. He's still inside his car watching me.

Now, what is he doing?

"Hey Jess!" Someone called my attention. It's Tyler Lee with a bottled soda on his hand.

"For you" He extended his hand with thesoda. 

+++

Please love my story. Thank you ^^