Chapter 8: New Record

Today was the first day of classes

Today was the first day of classes. I only had organic chemistry and physics today. I was just calmly waiting for the professor to walk into class.

As I was texting on my phone I felt someone near me and when I looked up I seen Rachel, Kenny's girlfriend.

"Hi, is someone sitting here?" She asked in a sweet voice. I just shook my head and went back to my phone.

I felt her gaze on me and when I looked up she was staring at me with a big smile on my face. I smiled back then once again went back to my phone.

"so what's your major?" She just asked out of no where.

It's not that I hated her, but for some reason I just didn't like her.

"pre-med, and you?" I asked trying to be nice

"same, I guess I'll be seeing you in my other classes" She said smiling.

Great, just what I need. To have to live with the nigga I like then go to class with his girl.

"lucky me" I said in a sarcastic tone

I guess that she noticed I didn't want to be bothered so she stopped talking to me and took out her phone. I could tell that she just wanted to be nice, plus I didn't want Kenny being mad at me for being rude to his girl.

"I'm sorry, I'm just going through some things right now and it's affecting my mood. I didn't mean to take it out on you" I said playing the sympathy card.

Of course she forgave me and started to talk about how much fun this semester was going to be. And that her Kenny and I should hang out some time. I regretted even saying sorry as she talked and talked for what felt like hours but was in reality only five minutes.

She only stopped talking when someone cleared their throat behind me, thank God to whoever that is.

Once I turned around I instantly regretted it and hoped that Rachel just would've kept talking.

"someone sitting here?" Markus asked pulling out the seat next to me

"yeah" I said picking up my bag and putting it on the chair

He huffed then went and sat on the chair next to it. Why must he sit near me? I just want to forget the past, move on with my life yet this fly just won't stop bothering me.

"sorry class my car was being towed and things just got crazy" Our professor, a short man with a funny mustache, said walking into the room.

I opened my book and took out my pen ready to take whatever notes we had.

"yo...can I borrow a pen?" Markus asked

I mentally rolled my eyes then looked in my bag for a pen. When I handed it to him, he brushed his hand on my purposely. I'm not gonna lie it kinda made me feel weak inside. I did miss him, he was my first, but that was the past.