CHAPTER 4

HOTEL LOBBY – LATER

Kara and Kelly carefully look out the elevator door, but do not leave the elevator. A few zombie people walk the area.

KARA
"It looks clear... nobody in sight but... them."

KELLY
"Those bad people..."

KARA
"I don't see anybody. I don't think they followed us... I don't think they're here..."

Slowly the two girls leave the safety of the elevator. It makes a ding and closes behind them as the girls jump.

KELLY
"I'm scared..."

KARA
"So am I. Take my hand and we stay together."

KELLY
"Do we have to be here?"

KARA
"We need supplies, and Robert needs more bandages... and some antibiotics."

Slowly the two girls make their way across the lobby to the

DELI/MARKET

Inside Kara takes a push cart as Kelly sticks very close to her.

KELLY
"Matt's lucky, he gets to stay safe."

KARA
"Believe me hon, if I didn't need your help... I wouldn't even be here. Besides, someone had to stay with Robert and Henry."

Kara keeps an eye out looking for any trouble but she is very nervous, even shaking. Only a few zombie people fill the store.

KELLY
"You're really scared aren't you?"

KARA
"Does it show that much?"

Kelly nods.

KELLY
"So what do we need?"

KARA
"We need food, bandages, antibiotics... maybe some soap... I don't know... I've never done any shopping like this before."

Kelly looks at Kara,

KELLY
"But you're a grownup."

KARA
"Yeah, one that has never done any grocery shopping before. No... all my shopping experience has been for rich clothes and shoes... a lot of good that does me now."

Kelly gives Kara a look and Kara looks at her, embarrassed.

KELLY
"Fine... I'll do it."

KARA
"You know how to shop? For food?"

KELLY
"Yeah."

Kelly looks at the supply available and begins to put items in the shopping cart.

KARA
"Are you sure you're only eight years old."

Kelly gives her a frustrated look when a sound takes them by surprise. Kelly jumps and hugs tight to Kara. Kara looks around scared but only zombie people are in sight.

KELLY
"What was that?"

KARA
"I don't know, but we need to hurry and finish."

Kelly nods and begins to fill the cart again, but fear fills her eyes. Kara looks nervously around but only the zombie people come and go.

KELLY
"I wish Robert was here..."

KARA
"So do I. But he's not..."

KELLY
"He might die..."

KARA
"No, he won't die... I won't let him."

KELLY
"How can you be so sure?"

Kara looks at the young girl, the fear in her eyes.