Ch. 41 | On the Run

Hey fancy faces, hope you're all feeling good.

Before I jump in to the new chapter, gotta give shout outs to those of you who showed love on the last update (coz lord knows it had been AGES since I had thrown up something new lol)

Nuff love to virgocharms  nitex193 juanitajohnson121  95queen  Gloriareadsbooks  Passion20  You_Wont_Find_Out  Felizdemi  faysworld_  CalmChi  MelanieMafia  Showingyouup  KaylaaRaee  baboolive  awest02  Rere088  NasMSH  kalicia  applewhilby and lolitalikesit ! Thank you for sticking with Running Wilde 40 chapters later and for your great comments. I've taken all constructive criticisms on board ;)

Love to those of you have been voting too, and to my silent readers. 

You are appreciated ^-^

I hope you like the new chapter. Please vote, comment and share it if you're feeling it.  

***

No matter how sweet the salt

We push so hard we finally broke

Oh, no more apologies need be exchange

Oh, no words could ever help relieve this pain

-All the Things Lost

MS MR

***

With most victories there is loss, and most losses, no matter how small, no matter the magnitude of the victory, made it feel like you shot for the moon but landed on the stars. Sometimes you get the moon, and if you're really lucky, you may even get the sun.

The Diamond Mafia would have to settle for stars this time around, but given what they were up against and the things that they risked losing, the stars were enough.

Dougie was retrieved in one piece and they'd gotten away. That was the victory. The loss that day had been much heavier than expected, from war-torn funerals to too many lives that found their ending that day whether deserved or not. But Dougie was alive and those who were left were still free.

But not all freedom tastes the same. Not all freedom carries the same privilege amongst its bearers. Freedom to the Diamond Mafia was not being incarcerated after all of the havoc wreaked upon South London at their mercurial hands.