My confusion

I don't understand. I still don't understand. What's happening to me, I am having weird nightmares and I keep seeing these red glowing eyes staring at me, not every night, just rarely but it haunts me. My confusion starts as I am drawn to a burnt house in the middle of the woods, it's not just that its burnt its the fact that its the old McCall house, there are stories about that house, horrible stories. It was burnt down to the ground and there was only one survivor and the rest of his family perished in a blaze of horror. Sometimes you saw him in town but he kept to himself. I wonder if he has anything to do with the red lights, they only appeared after that night. That night, horrifying feeling coursing through my veins now and then. I was utterly shitting myself. But now I feel no fear, more strength and more power. This changed me in more than one way as now I was a popular, and before I was the rag-tag girl no one wanted but now, its different. Makes me wonder how the popular's manage, I can barely be bothered to care about anything. This worries my parents and normally I would care and try to make them happy but now I cant be bothered. I guess its just hormones, I hope its hormones and not something worrying, or deadly.