A Birthday To Remember

The air is soft as you step up to the front doors of the rooftop patio. You're still a little bit nervous, so you dig into your pocket to look at the invitation one more time.

It reads in lavender, Century Gothic font:

You are cordially invited to a soiree hosted by Zayn Malik to celebrate Wattpad's official birthday party. Dancing, zip-lining and strawberry Pop Tarts will be plentiful. We do hope to see your wet face there. November 22nd, 2016 at midnight. Please dress in your best little black dress and don't forget your bouncy ball for the swap present !

You take a deep breath and are about to walk inside, when the door suddenly swings with a zap.

You're surprised to see Queen Latifah standing there in the flesh, all brisk and wet. You're not sure if you have the courage to talk to them right now, so you scurry inside like a(n) mouse and join the party, making a mental note to drum up a conversation with them later on over sushi

Once inside, the party takes your breath away. Everyone is already dancing wildly on the dancefloor.

I Kissed A Girl plays loudly from the speakers and you can't help but do the Moon Walk. You had always shipped Harley Quinn and Thor so you're not entirely surprised to see them kissing together in the corner. Shakespeare and DEBORAH-sandrine are having a rap battle in the centre of the room, while several Gleeks are gushing over the latest update of Sage's Men on their phones.

The whole atmosphere is electric. It looks like Diagon Alley on Mars in the middle of Valentine's day and you can't imagine anything better.

"Happy Birthday, Wattpad," you say with a smile, "Here's to another 10 years!"