My Confession (YHM Sequel)

I stand, straight-faced, behind the plaintiffs table. The Lynches sitting behind me with other observers a jury is on my right. The judge straightahead, my lawyer next to me and on my left are Derek and his lawyer. Derek has had a constant smile on his face throughout the trial. But I'll be the one smiling at the end of this.

"Before we make the ruling, is there any more evidence?" We are all quiet after what the judge said. I slightly shake my head indicating a no. To my left i hear someone speak. Derek's lawyer.

"Yes " he says, shuffling his papers "we would like to plead insanity." My heart drops as I take a step back, there is a loud buzzing in my ear, I can't hear anything, I look back at the Lynches, confused. Rocky is struggling to get out of his brothers grip, they cover his mouth, and that's when I snapped forward my hearing coming back. "That's bullshit! "I yell, everyone in the court room silences as I walk over to the jury, still yelling "you aren't seriously going to let him get away with it that easily again! The last three almost four years of my life have been hell because of him! He got out of killing my father on an insanity plea, you can't possibly let him do it again, he will just come back! And next time he will kill me too! Because he knows exactly what the fuck he's been doing "I ripped my shirt up, revealing my entire stomach. I tear the bandage off, it hurts like a bitch and starts bleeding profusely. "Look! Look at what he did! "Some look, some scream, some hide their eyes. "He knew exactly what he was doing!" I run over to Derek "look at this you mother fucking asshole!" He just smirks "how dare you plead insanity! You'll never get me again! Never! So don't even try! Do you see?! "I take some of the blood from my wound and smear it down his face and nice clean white shirt. Two security men quickly grab my arms "you will burn in hell one way or another! Go rot in jail! "I spit on his face as I am dragged out of the room kicking and screaming. They throw me in the quiet room. Only for a few minutes, because my wound is starting to bleed out, and they take me to the hospital, where I get stitches and new bandages. I lay slightly sedated for what feels like hours, until Riker shows to pick me up. I let him carry me, because I'm so drugged up I don't think I can walk. On the drive home Riker just talks about trivial matters until i stop him.

"Why didn't Ross come? "His faux smile deteriorates and he saddens. It must be bad.

"He was too pissed off, mom wanted him to go straight to bed "I sighed.

"Why was he mad? "I nose around.

"I think you know... "he pauses, and I'm sure I do "he got a sentence of two years, one and a half on good behavior "

"Dammit!" I punch the dashboard. The blood rushes from my head.

"I-I'm sorry Sydney "I say nothing. It's not Rikers fault, but I'm just angry "you could get a restraining order? "He suggests.

"You really think that will keep him away? "I sarcastically retort.

"No..." He stops on the side of the road, outside of the house. "But you have us, to protect you"

"Riker, I don't need to be supervised if that's what you're implying. I'm almost 18, I'm not going to have you guys by my side for the rest of my life, I'll see you later "I swing open my door, planning to take my walk to the beach, but instead I just fall face first on the pavement. I guess I still can't walk."

"Sydney!" Riker yells, running over to me, he sits crisscross next to me and lays my head on his lap as he inspects the bump on my forehead "Sydney I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you upset "

I open my mouth to reply to him. But instead water starts spewing from my eye and my mouth turns to a frown as I started bawling. Your weak. I'm crying, not from the pain I'm in physically, But the pain I'm mentally in. I will never be independent again. Someone will always be caring for me. Whether it's doctors, nurses, psychiatrist, or the Lynches, I will never be alone again. And I never thought I would miss that. I look up at Riker, he is blurry. "I-I-"I swallow the build up of saliva in my mouth "I'm sorry I'm such a bitch "I cough out.

"No you're not... "He holds my cheek "this day could make anyone breakdown" he bends his head over mine, his bangs hang straight down. Then he kisses me on my forehead. "Just know that I'm here for you. "

"I know "I smile, and he wipes away my tears.

"Let's go inside" he lifts me up with himself as we go inside. He takes me into my bed and tucks me in and he smiles "get some rest. "

"Can you tell Ross I'm here? " his brow furrows then he scratches the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I'll get right on that" he leaves. Seconds later I hear someone running down the hall and my door swings open, revealing Ross. He slides over next to my bed and kisses me.

"Hey "I smile and blink slowly

"how do you feel?"

"Shittier than normal "

"well you look fantastic "I fake a smile, he is just pitying me, I just finished slamming my head against the pavement and crying, I can't look good.

"I love you "I stare at him.

"I love you too "he kisses me again, slowly. I swallow and lay back on my bed,

"will you lay with me tonight? " I asked. He doesn't answer, he just crawls under the covers with me and hug me with his lips pressed against my temple. Then I drift off.