A Simple Walk In The Park

The cars rolled past lazily in the heat of the summer morning, as Rosa walked silently down the sidewalk. Her hand gripped the strap of an old, worn canvas bag, which sagged with the weight of the metallic objects inside. However the weight didn't seem to faze her as she kept walking, never adjusting. Her dark curls swung gently before her eyes as she walked across the street. Toward a group of people. Some stared, some paid her no mind, but she kept walking. Quickly making her way to the strong metal gates of Midland Park.

Upon entering Rosa immediately slowed down, then took a deep breath in, inhaling the scent of sweet flowers. This was her place, she immediately felt relaxed. She glanced around, seeing people; some were children playing, or a couple walking along holding hands, or even joggers maintaining their exercise. She was aware but kept to her self. She saw large spans of green grass, plots full of bright coloured flowers, and trees which lined the walls protecting this haven from the outside world. She smiled to herself and shut her eyes, listening. Listening to the happy cries of children, the chirping of birds, the faint hum of the outside world, and something she didn't quite recognize. The sound was distant and yet so clear. It was as if it was a plane, but combined with something breaking, shattering. She opened her eyes, and saw something get thrown from a tall building across from the park.

The object fell in an arc, it was headed toward a young girl. She ran to retrieve a pink and white ball that had bounced toward the target area. As the girl looked up she froze, staring down the smoking thing that fell from the sky.  

Rosa stared in shock. Her bag fell to the pavement with a hard THUMP. Before she knew it, she bolted toward the girl, eyes focused and stern faced. In the corner of her eye she could see the projectile come closer. It was moving too fast. The girl was going to get hurt either way, but in the moment she decided hurt was better than dead. So she dove. She tackled the girl, grabbing her, and pulled her out of the way.

The thing BOOMED loudly as it hit. The ground nearby shook, and Rosa tried to keep steady as the girl clung to her. The ball was gone now, but she was safe. She pulled the girl off of her and looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Leave now." she said sternly. The young girl quickly clambered to her feet and took off terrified.

Sighing, Rosa slowly got up and surveyed the area. Some things were shaken up, the birds were gone, the garbage cans were knocked over, everything was a messed. up. She was pretty ticked off about this whole thing, she just wanted a quiet walk in the park and what she got was more stress, she didn't know what the point of trying was. Rosa walked toward the small crater, then slid down the side into the shallow pit. The smoke and dust was still clearing but she knew that whatever this was had landed on a bed of simple white flowers. They all got crushed. She wished it was possible for her to save things as small as those, life was unfortunate.

Rosa approached the thing in the dust. She noticed it was a figure, a feminine figure. She looked to be in a dress of sorts. Rosa reached toward her to see if she was alive when she felt static running through the air. Her hand stopped mid motion and the body jolting into a sitting position, scrambled to her feet and leaped into the air, she stayed there for a moment. That was Supergirl.