Plastic Creatures

Mannequins. Those twisted creations of what mortals made that are meant to be seen as human to observe. Their face, body, arms and legs, all one silky smooth piece of work, built from plastic. They stand in shop windows, or in the warehouses of buildings, cold and isolated from everything else. Do you ever wonder why their expressions seem to show lack of emotion or if there is anything to be seen from within their lifeless and empty eyes? It is because deep down, if you look past their fake smiles and painted eyes, those figures were once human.

Yes, humans. Humans who were captured and made into a sick form of art by a mad doctor, a doctor who was driven beyond sanity to find the perfect human, no flaws, no weakness, and doesn't age, stays perfect forever. Sadly the doctor could never sculpt his ideal human from base materials, so he found the one thing that could resemble his insane ideas, to coat a human in plastic, and to preserve their features, forever.

I would like to think that these mannequins mean no harm to us, other than to stand there and be decorated in the clothes or jewels at what each shop provides for them to sell. But sadly if I was to be telling you this, I would be telling you a lie, and indeed to myself. The truth is, that these plastic creatures are slowly moving, changing, adapting to it's surrounding environment. With each minute, hour, month and year that passes, they are becoming human once again.

Tell me, have you ever seen something out of the corner of your eye, something that you dismissed? Something that you wanted to forget? So as if you had just awoken from a dream, you forget what happened as soon as you concentrated on another matter, something that was more believable than the hand reaching for your arm as you walk past a still, pale figure, or the movement of the eyes that followed your every move? 

You can tell me, I'll believe you, after all, I think we all know the fears that you mortals hide. And even when your at home, reading this on your computer or laptop, and wherever you might be at the time, I'll be watching you. In your bedroom, in your closet, even under your bed. And when your sleeping, it'll be your time to join us...