Chapter: 2 The Keeper Program

Name please", a receptionist asked.

"Senseless Darkkina" a male shadow said clearly, his stance shifting from foot to foot, his four palms sweating in the heat of the morning, it wasn't the bright white light of the White Sun that made him hot and tired and sweating like an animal. It was the fact that he was nervous.

"Age, Height and Keeper Rank?" the receptionist asked Senseless she looked like a woman that really didn't want to be there but had been stuck doing it.

Sense sighed, his breath reeked of smoke as he exhaled, having finished a cigarette. He stood up straight, nodding with a clear deep voice, his voice sounded like multiple people talking due to his multiple mouths. "I'm thirty-seven, six foot eight, or about two and a quarter meters if I'm right? Sorry I'm questioning my details, I do not know the metric system to well..." The receptionist glanced up at him with a look of displeasure and tiredness, asking him to state his rank. Senseless cleared his throat "I am an Overseer, the tenth and final rank, one that can carry out the act of keeping his own assistants." The receptionist nodded, handing him the papers he needed, and then shoving him out of the line. Senseless quickly looked at the glass, seeing the seven kids that everyone was here to apply for, they couldn't be separated so everyone that was too impatient, took the children that were in groups of one or two, and three was the largest anyone would go to normally. But Senseless saw that the kids were just a bit older, not by much, still crawling around but able to chitter and babble in their language. He smiled tapping on the glass as the kids looked up at him with tired expressions, they had a rough day and were tired of being picked up and looked at. They yawned tiredly as he smiled with his mouths.

He quickly walked up to the receptionist desk, grabbing seven papers from the pile as he was filling them out with rapid speed, he needed to be quick but organized so he didn't mess up the information. He first had to write down the reason he wanted to get the children, assistants, kids, or pets. He thought for a moment, what did he want? He wanted to take care of them but able to support them as well, he nodded scribbling down that he wanted them to be his assistants. He wrote down their names and numbers starting with Stigma who was number eighty-eight, and ending with Silence who number ninety-four was. He smiled before filling out the few other things on the older yellow adoption-like papers, writing in the deformities of the kids, and finally finishing with his signature. He slowly got up, handing the papers to the receptionist as she looked them over. She muttered checking the older computer model on the desk. She fixed her glasses over her blank white eyes. She smiled happily, turning to Senseless as she spoke in their language with glee. "Thank you Mr. Darkkina, we've had such a hard time getting those six into homes!"

She hopped up to hug him with her three arms, before handing him a pair small carriers to put the children in. It was normal, since the kids didn't have control over their actions to well and could possibly fall from the Keepers' arms if he or she didn't have a good grip on them. They were still soft and feeble, not having the right bone structure or the small horns that small shadows would grow and then loose as they got older in life. Senseless still had small nubs on the top of his head but it was hidden under his black hair and hat. He nodded before walking into the nursery with the help of an Acolyte. Senseless was scooping up the kids while happily humming to distract them as multiple eyes both, from the kids and the other Keepers from the other side of the glass stared at him, watching his every move. Senseless was bitten by Numbskull who was happy to see him. Watchman was sniffing him due to his lack sight but giggled happily. The others had fallen asleep as soon as they were put into the padded carriers. Senseless looked around before walking out of the nursery, waving to the Keepers and then to the Acolytes before heading out into the daylight.

He heard the kids hiss and whine, hearing Numbskull mumble in the humans' English, he didn't know why he knew it but, it was odd, he may have picked it up from an Acolyte. He was blubbering "Br...light.... L...light." The kids were blubbering nonsense as Senseless sighed sadly, pulling his overcoat off and covering the carriers. He waited for them to calm down before continuing down the streets. He was scanning the area as he pulled out his phone, flipping it open as he call his house, he waited as he stood in a small group of shadows who were all waiting for the crosswalk light to change. He sighed, there was no call at the end of the rings. He shut the phone, it being grabbed from his hand by one of the kids. He chuckled, peeking into the carrier as he saw Clicker snapping it open and shut with pure interest in his dim glowing white eyes. Senseless chuckled before walking across the street, his dress shoes clicking against the grey stone ground.