Ch8 pretty lies and the ugly truth

Mrs.Wheatherwick's pov

Alma responded almost immediately to my letter just then I herd a knock on the door "Alma lovely to see you again you to children " I said  "thank you Bethany" she replied back " I already escorted the children to there rooms for a while then me and Alma talked in till I heard something painful it sounded like Maddie.

                  Millard pov

    I heard a scream and I looked inside the room it came from it was my baby sister Madilyn  I saw her eyes they were pure  gold I said scared "wha .....  what ...are ...you?" she replied " Mill happens to every blind peculiar whenever there eyes turn gold it means they are seeing things in there mind" I just nodded she seems like she doesn't trust me and that's the big fat ugly truth.

                Enoch pov

I  was sharing a room with my 13 year old sister who is very self preserved so I started a conversation "I haven't seen you in a long time what are your peculiarities", she looked up from the book she was reading and said "I can communicate with the dead and I can cause pain " she looks down to her book "what's that about?"I asked then I realized it was a photo album of our family. "Was  every I love you a lie?!"she yelled "no!" I yelled back then what she did surprised me she put her hand on my arm and I yelled in pain she turned her back and said " that's for all the pretty lies"