Chapter II

I awoke in a cold sweat. Darn camera alarm again. I tossed myself to the side of the bed. That's when I saw it. A spark of silver reflected off the window. I quickly turned around and turned on the lamp. I rubbed my eyes. What--is that? A silhouette stood before me in the opening of the door that I could've sworn I locked shut the night before. But there it stood. I was silent and immobile. The figure spoke to me. It spoke in rhymes, but in a tongue, I could not comprehend. In a flash of white he vanished and I appeared back on the porch of my house. I blinked. It was February 31st again. A wave of eerieness hit my stomach. What had just happened? I went to sleep, I must've been dreaming. I awoke again. At the same time. I tossed to the side again, and I again caught a reflection, I turned around, ran towards the door and closed it shut. I inhaled. I closed my eyes. Exhaled. I opened my eyes. I was on my porch again and it was still Feb 31st. I kicked the fence out of frustration. I ran to a local store and bought a 6 pack of energy drinks. I stayed up all night. Finally, I saw the silhouette appear. "What do you want from me?!" I screamed. No response. I got up. I looked at the silhouette. It was not a man it looked like some sort of wolf standing on two legs. I ran towards it and I braced myself for impact. I inhaled. I closed my eyes. Exhaled. I opened my eyes. And I saw a different world. I was greeted by white. I appeared in a wheat field. Different type of wheat field. A white wheat field. I turned around and saw a lake. The lake was a mirror and it reflected a dark blue sky with fluffy white clouds.