The Storm

CHAPTER ONE
Barry

Barry was chasing a car that had stole several supply units from S.T.A.R. Labs. He had been sent just minutes before, wondering who had the extreme amounts of audacity to steal from a 'rundown', blown up, science facility. He dodged through parked cars and the occasional bullet that was shot at him, you know, normal stuff.
As he accelerated Barry put his hand at the rim of the metal framing at the back of the black van. He pulled himself forward and clasped his hands around the edges of the driver's side door.
"Miss me?" He said as he smirked at the masked man. He pulled the door off of its hinges, sailing through the air and sparking up the wet asphalt.
Barry looked up at the sky and saw thick gray storm clouds covering up the moon that had been so prominent earlier.
The man attempted to kick Barry in the gut, but he was instead sent flying onto the pavement.
What Barry had not seen, was that another man was witnessing the occurrence. Usually this wouldn't have been an issue. It would've been normal for the public to have seen something like this.
The man had dark brown eyes, black hair with a scruffy beard lining his chin, and was staring at something on the van. His eyes were wide with knowledge, but Barry just thought it was another bystander.
As he was kicked backward, Barry put his legs under him and slid backward into a halt.
The criminal jumped from the seat and attempted to punch him, but Barry ducked and roundhoused him in the side.
"Ha!" Cisco's voice came from the comm link, "Nice one."
Barry rolled his eyes, "Cisco are you watching through the camera again?" He asked as he left the man rolling around in his own agony.
Barry thought he could hear the faint crunching of popcorn through the system.
"You killed my brother!" A man's voice echoed through the somewhat silent streets.
Barry's head whipped around to see what he thought was just a usual witness.
The dark haired man had wild eyes, staring straight at the masked criminal.
As Barry's mind raced through all the confusion, he recognized him, he had the same features as a detective that worked at the CCPD. The same dark eyes and hair, the similar disheveled completion. The rain made his hair stick to his face, water clinging to his clothes, but the man's name escaped Barry's mind.
"You work for Black Hole! The same organization that killed him!" The detective was gesturing accusingly with his arms and hands. The masked man pulled out a gun when the detective took a few steps closer out of anger.
The man's finger tightened around the trigger. Barry then realized what the man was going to do, and ran just as the gun sounded. Yellow sparks flew around the muzzle as the bullet was released. Barry ran as fast as he could to the bullet, water droplets slowing down in their decent.
He could feel it, his foot losing friction, slipping out from under him. His eyes went wide at the thought of him not being able to save this detective. As soon as the bullet was going to make contact with the detective's skin, a bolt of lighting came down from the sky, shrouding the man in golden light.
Barry finally lost balance, and skidded under the man's outstretched arm.
The outline of the detective was shown in white as the lighting disappeared.
He stared at the man and without any hesitation, punched him directly in the face, air bending around his fist from the speed. Blue light engulfed Barry's vision as his retina's adjusted.
"Man, this has totally ruined every CGI movie I have ever witnessed." Cisco sighed, still stuffing himself with popcorn.
Barry immediately pushed himself upwards and was ready to fight.
The detective put his hands out in front of him in surrender, "I'm a friend Barry, not a foe."
There was a sharp intake of breath on the other side of the comm link as Cisco said, "Crap."
Barry shook his head, "I think you're just confused as to what events just happened," he answered with his voice disguised.
"Look Barry, you don't have to deny its you under that suit. I've been a detective for a couple years, do you not think I don't know how to keep secrets? Let alone how to figure out that you're, well, him?" He gestured at Barry.
He saw something in the detectives eyes, something he wasn't telling him, but he decided to let it go.
Barry put his finger to his comm, "Hey Cisco?"
Nothing came in from the other transmitter.
"Cisco?" Barry said again, louder this time.
An excited squeal came in from the other side of the link. Barry, at first thought it was Caitlin, but that was ruled out because Caitlin wouldn't do that. She doesn't sound like a five-year-old girl who just received a sticker for the first time.
Barry took his finger off of the communication device, "Yeah I think he likes you."