New Day

Daliah

I wake up with the annoying ringing from Danny's alarm clock in the morning and a groan from Danny when he turns it off. I feel cold when he  sits on the side of the bed to rub the sleep from his eyes. I ended up turning into him when I was asleep and he in turn wrapped his arms around me prospectively.

As I sleepily gaze at him leaning over the bedside I notice he was completely naked, giving me the chance to see all of his defined back muscles. I can't help but stare,  he may be abusive but he is attractive. He looks older now then what he used to look like even though he is only 27, it's probably from all the stress and anger he has. Everybody thought we were crazy for falling in love and getting married when I was 21and he was 23, they said we would never stay together...

FLASHBACK

"Daliah, don't fall for the wrong guy, you guys are way to young to be falling in love!" My mom scolds me.

"Well if you actually were ever home then you would know all about our relationship and that we've been dating since I turned 18! But your always working so you wouldn't know any of that!" I scream back. I hadn't gone to college so I was still living with my parents until I found a job, Danny was in college and came to my house after his classes. Danny asked me to marry him that day. When mom came home, we told her and she freaked out, she of course didn't even know I had a boyfriend at the time.

"You know it's not my fault I can't be home whenever you want Daliah, and you could have at least told me you had a boyfriend! Does your father even know about you two?"

She pulls this 'I always have to work' card whenever I accuse her of never being home, it's not right. She has a good job as an editor for a big publishing company in the city so she works late and goes on a lot of trips. I hate it.

"Dad knows about us and thinks we aren't a good pair, thinks were young and dumb. He's wrong though, I love Danny and he loves me!"

Mom rolls her eyes at me, " Please Daliah, you don't love him. But go ahead and make a mistake by staying with him and getting married because in a few years you'll regret not listening to me."

END OF FLASHBACK

I wish I had listened to all of them now.

Danny and me got married a few months after that fight I had with mom. When mom actually got to know Danny better and saw how good we were for each other she changed her mind and apologized for doubting us. Both mom and dad came to our wedding and congratulated us, that was when everybody was happy and all was ok.

Everything changed after my mom and dad were killed in a car accident from a drunk driver. That happened about a year after I got married, they left me with no family except Danny, he was my family then.

I'm taken out of my spaced out state of mind when I hear Danny talking to me, "The apartment better be clean today when I get home, and go to the store to get groceries, I have a list in the kitchen."

I nod my head and say, "ok."

"Oh and put some make up on your face, you look like shit.", and with that, he walks into the bathroom to get ready for work.

He's probably right about me looking like shit though, my face hurts really bad where he hit me and I wouldn't be surprised if my bruise looks worse now then it did last night. I figure I should get up and look at the damage done, and if I don't get up before Danny leaves than I'll get in trouble.

I stand looking at my reflection in the mirror yet again. And I was right about all my bruises, my cheek and part of my chin are purple and swollen now. Oh well, I have enough makeup to cover up the discoloration of my skin that people will only think my face is still puffy from crying or something. Like I said though, I've had worse before.