KRYBER: My Pet Boyfriend

Author's POV

In the dark, stiff, and smelly dumpsite, lives a puppy with a very odd pair of eyes. It has two colors, on the right eye is blue, while the left eye is yellow. It has beautiful but dirty furs. Its color is a combination of white, black, and gray. It also has perfect and shiny teeth, with sharp fangs and claws.

One night, the pug was searching for food at the street. As the time passes, the sky is slowly turning into dark one, and all the people walking in the sidewalks earlier were already gone. But these didn't stop the dog on searching something for him to eat. He continued to run and look even when the rain started to pour down the road.

He was able to find some leftovers at the garbage area, beside the restaurant called 'Tiger D's Resto'. He was peacefully eating when loud barks started to roar over the area where he was eating all of a sudden. The noise was becoming louder as the dogs gets nearer. After just a minute, three big pitbulls showed up. Its big teeth were showing up, and loud growls are coming out as they breathe.

But still, the puppy isn't going away at where he is. He didn't flinch nor move for even a little. The pitbulls started bumping all the garbage bins, and bark sinisterly as they come closer and closer. The weird dog finally stopped eating and paid his attention to the bigger dogs in front of him. Within just a minute of devious staring contest between the two, the fight of the dogs begun and finished fast.

The lonely dog won but had received many bites, wounds and scratches, and is bleeding badly. It slowly crawls in the middle of the wet street. Little thing the dog knew that a teenage girl was nearby and was about to go inside a taxi when suddenly, the girl noticed the dog. The girl was worried about the situation the dog was into, so she took the dog with her and goes home with it. The dog was confused yet thankful at the girl's action.

The girl took good care of the dog. She cleaned him, nursed his badly injured body, and aided him with love. The girl didn't know why but she just mindlessly decided to take the dog in even without her family's permission. And just like that, she gave the puppy a name and took him as her pet.

As time passes, the two became very close to each other. The girl even fought her sister many times just to let the dog stay inside the house. The dog was happy, very happy. He grew with much strong and healthier body now. No more fights, no more wounds, no more suffering.

Until one day, the girl has begun to forget, little by little, to take care of the dog. She's beginning to study at a college school, and also started to have a relationship. She was too busy studying to have time for her pet. The dog was beginning to feel sad and lonely again, but at the same time, can't do anything about it. After all, he is JUST A PET.

And then one late night, the girl's boyfriend came home together with her while they're making out. The dog was very angry, he attacked the guy, biting him hard, leaving a large wound over his flesh. The girl was angry at the dog that she didn't think twice and literally kicked the dog out of her house.

The dog was shocked, but then he didn't groan because of the pain he received from the kick but because of the anger he saw from the girl he always looked up. He left the girl's house with a heavy heart.

Since that day, the girl never let the dog go in, and the dog, being so depressed, sad, and guilty of what he did, he goes far away from the girl, and never tried to go back and asked for forgiveness. He felt bad for hurting the person who's much more important to the girl than him. If only he didn't let jealousy took over him, maybe he's still staying at the girl's side, being cared and loved by her tender hands and humble voice.

As days goes by, the girl started to feel guilty, and at the same time, lonely. She let anger took over her that she did something she regretted the most. The cheerful, lovely dog that will always wakes her up with a big happy smile, the dog that will always makes her feel better when she's down, and the dog that will always protects her from harm, was now gone and may not even go back anymore.