Chapter 2

Devon's P.O.V.

Shaunna's cat was really starting to creep me out. As I was waiting for her to come and retrieve her monster I saw something in my corner. It was a dark, black shadow and it looked like it was watching me. I naturally called Shaunna, after all, she was twenty-three minutes older and more prone to things like this.

"Shaunna!", I screamed panicing. I may be a boy but I'm still terrified of the supernatural. "Please hurry!", I pleaded.

Shaunna's P.O.V.

I heard my brother screaming for me and began running down the stairs. He never needed my help, let alone that he sounded scared.

"Dev, are you ok!", I shouted, worried for him. I don't know why I did, but I felt like I could sense his fear, and he was terrified.

"Yeah, but....I don't know, but.....just hurry.", Devon cried back.

That's when I ran into his room, and I saw it. It was a shadow of a woman, a woman who looked exactly like Devon. I mean, this person could have been his mother. She was talking to him, and then, she saw me.

"Why, hello sweetheart.", she said to me in the nicest tone I have ever heard. "There is no need to be afraid of me, I won't hurt you.", she told me, like she sensed my fear.

"Who are you?", I asked, frozen.

"I'm Devon's mother.", she told me. "No need to be afraid, I promise.", she kept insisted.

"Doesn't that mean you are my mom?", I asked, confused and worried.

"No, honey I'm so sorry, but your mom did send me a message."

"Wait, we're twins.", Devon cut in, his voice trembling. "What do you mean you are just my mother?", he continued, on the verge of tears.

I don't know how I knew that, I mean he didn't show it. It was almost like if the was something he couldn't say or I couldn't have know, I felt.

The figures face fell. "I'm so sorry, I thought your father would have told you."

"Told us what?", I said, but I already knew the answer.

The figure look at me with a sincere look of empathy. "You two have different mothers."