Chapter 3

Devon's P.O.V.

I know guys are supposed to be big and tuff and all that stuff, but I was actually about to burst into tears. I had just found out that my twin, my double, was only my half-sister. We didn't have many friend, so we really depended on each other and we weren't who we thought we were.

"What do you mean we have different mothers?", I asked the spirit of my apparent mom.

"Sweetheart, I know this is hard for you, I mean you are the other half of each other, but your moms are two separate people.", the spirit replied, sincere, like she almost wished we were twins.

"You said my mom had a message.", Shaunna said, desperately.

"Why yes, she does.", she said realizing how important this must be for her, "Your mom said that she loves you. She said that she couldn't come back, but that you must trust me. And finally she told me to tell you that you must never, ever trust your father."

Shaunna's P.O.V.

"I understand.", I told the spirit. I had just found out I didn't have a twin and that my father was a filthy liar. "I always thought he was lying about something."

"There is something else I need to tell you two.", the spirit continued. "You two are part, or should I say 50%, oh, where am I going with this. You two are part vampire."

Me and Devon looked at each other in fear. "What?", we spat out, as if on cue. "We're vampires!"