Act 0-1

Act 0-1

I didn't even know why I was so worked up.

Sure, I was in a new school.

Yeah, I was probably considered shy in this demanding society.

Maybe I have a zit on my cheek. But that all doesn't matter, right? What's a zit to people? I mean, what could go wrong on the first day of school?

I guess I just didn't like being in the middle of attention. To be frank, I despised it because it meant being ridiculed in front of hundreds of people who practically scream drama. It doesn't help that I was... 

Well, let's just say I'm a victim of something un-good. I'll fill you in on the tiny details later. As I was saying earlier, I was chilling back in the shotgun seat of my father's beat up Prius.

Not.

I sweated a whole River Nile all the way to school, clutching at my bag straps so tight that my knuckles were completely white. I mean, I could see my bones.

I looked at my dad for reassurance but he just smiled and turned his gaze back onto the road, "You know that this is just high school, right? No need to get so riled, An." I pouted. I don't like dad calling me An. My name is actually Anya, but my dad always insisted on calling me An, just because, and I quote, 'it's too hard to call you Anya, two alphabets more. You get it, don’t you darling?'

I stared out the car window and watched the few hundred trees and turns whizz pass, pondering about my impending doom.

Because, you know, it was a very realistic impending doom.