Chapter 2: Maple

The faerie inched closer and closer to Maple. No. NO. NO! It's face was inches from hers. I will NOT lose Maple. Growling, I stood up and ran at the faerie, knives in hand, and ignoring the stinging pain in my chest. Maple whimpered and that increased my rage even more. I felt immense pain shoot through me. Suddenly, my senses increased. My sight grew keener, my sense of smell warped into the ability to smell the sweat of my sister, of anything, really. And...my ability to hear was sharper. I grinned and my speed increased.

Latching onto the tail of the faerie, I climbed my way up its back. The faerie buckled and roared in irritation, at first. As if I were a fly that was continuing to buzz around its head. But its irritation soon turned to anger as I dug my knives deeper into its flesh to stay stable. Maple screamed and I looked towards her. What she screamed at wasn't the faerie but...me?

The faerie used the distraction as an advantage and flung me around. Luckily, I grabbed onto its fur in time. Roaring a sound that was very much inhumane, I decided to end this battle. Clawing my way up its back, I reached its head. With that, I stabbed my nails, talons actually, deep into its eye. The Faerie screeched and my heart skidded. I held my finger within its eye until it stopped bucking and toppled into a heap on the ground. I breathed in. And out. In. And out. What had I done?

Wiping my bloodstained nails on my clothing, I noticed that the faerie was transforming. It, he, transformed into something beautiful. My breath caught in my throat. Shit. He was fucking gorgeous. I mean, I know it's bad to find a faerie who almost killed you and your family attractive but hey, its the truth. Can't deny that. He had bronze colored hair and icy blue eyes. Eye, I corrected myself for his other eye was a bloody mess. A mess that I did. But how? My memory was hazy. I remember climbing the faerie and stabbing something in its eye. I figured it was the knife, but it was nowhere to be seen. I was thinking of the hazy events until Maple sobbed quietly, but not quiet enough.

"Maple?" I turned and reached out to her. She recoiled and I grimaced once I noticed the gore on my...hand? "Maple, it's okay..." I said as soothingly as I could. She only whimpered and sunk into herself. Why was she scared of me? Or was it the faerie. "The faerie is gone, okay? You don't have to be scared. He's gone and he won't hurt you."

"Wh-what about father," she said and her bottom lip wobbled. Oh no.
"Father is..." I choked on the word father but continued. "He's gone...oh Maple, I'm so sorry." I embraced her and she fought but soon was defeated. She curled into me and screamed into my bloody shirt. I stroked her head as a mother would do.

Now...where can we stay? Wait, where can she stay. I cringed at the idea of leaving her alone. But she was better off without me. Now that I killed a faerie, a bounty will be on my head. "Maple?"
"Y-yes," she said. Snot ran down her face as she looked up at me.
Oh, this was going to hurt more then a wound.
"You're going to stay with Ms. Raven for a little bit, okay?"
"Just me? You said 'you're.' What about you?" She frowned. Damn, she's too smart for her own good.
"I can't be near you. I killed a faerie and now I must hide. It's going to be like hide and seek. We both get to hide. Except, I won't be hiding with you this time."
"B-but!" I stopped her with a raised finger. "No buts! You're staying with Ms. Raven and that's final. I'll give her the meat I collected today so she can feed you. Alright?"
"But where will you be!" She blurted. I hesitated. "I'm not too sure yet. But I will come back. That's a promise."
"That's not good enough. Repeat after me. I, Sybil Feller, vow to return to Maple Allen safe and unharmed. Do it now!"
"Okay, okay. Calm down. I, Sybil Feller, vow to return to Maple Allen safe and unharmed."
"Good."

Damn, short chapter. Sorry XD just thought it'd be best to end it there. Does anybody like this trash? No? That's to be expected. Now farewell ~_~ I must take my leave.
-bows and walks backwards, off the stage. Before I get off the stage, I trip and fall backwards- I'm okay! Stupid, stupid, stupid, I muttered more so to myself.